LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, March 1, 2010

Let's Go Skiing!!!

Magnolia-licious DT


Top O' The Monday Morning To Ya!  What a wonderful first day of March!  I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!  I sure did.  I found time to work in my craft room on a prototype for a project for none other than the Magnolia-licious Design Team!!!!!!!  Yes, I said it.  I've been invited by Diana Crick to join the Magnolia-licious DT as a Guest Designer and I couldn't be more thrilled!!!!  I'm still pinching myself every now and then.  Not only is Magnolia-licious a fantastic place to get your Maggies, but they have some of the best designers around.  I'm absolutely thrilled to be on the same stage.  Anyway, I still have a lot of work to do on the aforementioned project so you'll have to wait to see it another day.

Drum roll please....... my first GDT card is for a Sketch Challenge and Jacque provided this really cool sketch for us.  I hope you'll check out all of the DT cards at Magnolia-licious Highlites.  They're absolute perfection!  You're all welcome to join in as well with your own interpretation.  Everyone would love to see your work.  The only must is that you use a Magnolia image - who can resist!


Here's what I came up with...
Tilda Skiing

Even though I live in a place that has some of the coldest winters on earth (it would seem to me anyway), I do not really enjoy participating in winter sports all that much.  But, I do like to watch them.  In fact, I've really been enjoying watching the Olympics.  So this card is in honor of the Winter Games in Vancouver.  Now, I'm a lover of all things Tilda, but I especially like the images where she is actively doing something.  This image of Tilda skiing is one of my favorites and you can get her at Magnolia-licious

The inspiration for Tilda's outfit was the dp by Basic Grey - Dasher collection.  I just love BG papers and these were perfect because of the falling snow.  The cs is of course by SU.  I cut the image with my Nestabilities Labels 4 and then added the blue shading around the border when it was still in the die.  I found the beautiful silver ribbon by-the-yard at Archiver's.  The sparkly white ribbon was a leftover on my craft table and I have no idea where it's from.  The snowflake embellishments are from an unkown source but they add such wonderful texture stacked on top of the ribbon.  The gorgeous blue-green pearls are from TPC Studio.  Finally, I added Stickles to Tilda's hat and hair ties for a little something shiny.

I colored Tilda with a combination of watercolor with Distress Inks and Copic markers.  I think she turned out really nice.  I think 'cozy' is a good word.  I tried to make her sweater look fuzzy by adding color in small half circles with my watercolor pen.  It was the first thing that my husband noticed when I showed him the card, so I guess it worked!

Well, that's all I have for today.  I hope you enjoyed my first Magnolia-licious DT card.  I had a ton of fun making it.

Ciao for now,

Angie

33 comments:

CelticWoman said...

Angie congrats, well deserved honor. This Tilda card is lovely, the colors are perfect. Hugs

Peggie said...

What a wonderful card. Love your coloring.

Jean said...

Angie, Congrats, knew you could do it.. your cards are always so perfect and this one is no exception... love the beauty and like you said the coloring of the sweater just seemed to POP out at me... love all your details and the gorgeous extras you instilled... a unique card... keep it up girl...
Hugs, Jean

Christine Riley said...

What a gorgeous card! Congrats on making the DT, your work is wonderful!
Hugs, Christine

Scrappinangler said...

Beautiful!! Your coloring is amazing! I need to try the distressed ink thing! Tilda is so precious! :) ~Tori

Sheri said...

Angie, your card is FAB! Love how you did the sweater. Can you send me detailed instructions please?

raindropecho said...

Wow, look at that gorgeous coloring! What a great card, too :)
- Ann

Barb Hardeman said...

Definitely a WOW card Angie. She is beautifully colored and your take on the sketch is fabulous...hugs...Barb

Barbara said...

Angie, I love your card. It speaks to me. Your coloring is fantastic. Do you know the number of the Tilda? I couldn't find it at the Maggie store. I would like to use this as a memory of this year's Olympics. Thanks Barbara

ShirleyTACS said...

Angie, Your skiing Maggie is precious. I too enjoyed the Olympics from beginning to end. You card looks like Maggie is ready to ski to a medal. I'm intrigued by the sweater. Like your hubby, it was the first thing my eye noticed. I don't understand how you did it, but I love it. Thanks for sharing. Shirley

Handmade by Vivi said...

Oh Angie, your card is fabulous!
yes, Tilda is so cozy on those clothes..
I love your card!
xxx
Vivi

Nancy said...

Love your card Angie! Your coloring is beautiful! Love your card!
Hugs,
Nancy

Sharon Caudle said...

First, I want to give you a huge WELCOME to the DT as a guest! I'm excited to get to work with you! Your card is beautiful, Angie! Your coloring of Tilda is superb! Yummy papers and they're perfect for the fabulous image of Tilda! Great way to start!
hugs!
Sharon

Regina said...

Angie!!! Your first card is absolutely amazing !!! The image is magic, your coloring and the papers are stunning!! My God!!! I love the way you colored the sweather... mixing brown and green ... it looks like a real knitting!!!
Have a wonderful week end.
Hugs
Regina

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Gorgeous card with beautiful colors! Congrats on your DT appointment........I can see why Diana chose you. Your work is stunning! I look forward to seeing more of your creations.
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

ladydiana said...

Angie,
You are a wonderful addition to our team. Your colouring is supurb. I love the mottled look of her sweater, beautifully done and so real looking. I actually do not have this stamp in stock at the moment but am happy to order it if anyone would like it. I am sad the Games are over, it was an incredible two weeks. Sorry about the hockey game but of course we were thrilled with the results. It was an awfully close game. tying it up with 26 seconds to go... heart stopping.

hugs, Diana

Only by His Grace said...

Hi Angie!

Wonderful. Your colouring is amazing and what a micture of mediums you have used. It all worked fabulously. I love how you did her jumper. It looks so like wool. Love all you stitching too. Perfect layout.
Hugs Marion

charlene aka scrappygma said...

Angie wow is all I can say you have just an eye for coloring it is really good, and all the mediums you use just amaze me. Congrats on the new positon it is well deserved.
Hugs

Candy said...

A wonderful card Angie - love your colouring and your sweater looks soft and fluffy!! Beautiful paper and ribbon!
You are a great addition to the DT and I am so very happy for you :o)
Hugs, Candy

monica said...

Angie,
Your card is just super--beautiful colors and the coloring is excellent. Tilda looks great and you have made her come alive and ready for the next olympics. Loved the way you have mixed the different mediums too.
Hugs
Monica M

Gayle said...

Angie, great card. She's a doll.
--Gayle

Cami said...

Great card for your first GDT for Magnolia-licious! Love how you did her sweater! I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations! Hugs, Cami

LINDA said...

Congrats Angie your card is beautiful, I look forward to seeing more of your cards.
Linda W.

Cheryl said...

Hi Angie! Your card is brilliant! I love this image, too and the way you've colored it makes me want to get it out and work with it right now! Beautiful coloring, love the texture on the sweater!
Thanks for designing with us!

Jodie from Oz said...

Congrats Angie, your card is stunning, Tilda is coloured so beautifully and a wonderful take on the sketch. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Cindy said...

Would you consider doing a tutorial on the sweater? I've never seen texture like this before - and...did you use watercolor paper or regular cardstock? Cindy2

Julie Case said...

Congratulations on your invitation to guest on the Design Team!! Your work is so fantastic! Such a gorgeous card and your coloring is always first rate!
Julie

RubyM:) said...

HI Angie,oh what a pretty card,Your coloring is just so precious and the papers are yummy!Great work!!!RubyM:)

siameseplease said...

Wow, that sweater is fabulous. The whole card is beautiful. Gina L

Jacque said...

Angie, what a marvelous card and you have done magic with my sketch!! Thank you so much for the link also!! I extend to you the warmest of welcomes to our Design Team and know that you will have much to offer in showcasing these wonderful Maggies! Congratulations and WELL DONE on your first submission...Big hugs...Jacque

Lori said...

So very beautiful, Angie!!! I sent a message through the yahoo group saying "Congratulations!" but I'll say it again just because I can!!! Way to go! Yahoooooooooo!!! Well deserved and well done : ) I'm your newest follower - and I AM watchin you - lol!
Love and big hugs ~ Lori

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful card! I luv the sweater.

xoxo,
Lori

Cissy said...

I know I told you over the phone but congrats to you & you are so deserving of this! All those hours in your craft room have paid off!

~Cissy

Related Posts with Thumbnails