LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hatchling...


Good Evening Everyone!!!  I had a marvelous day today.  Can you guess where I spent it???  In my craft room...where else?  I couldn't wait to work with one of my new Easter stamps and today was the day.  It was so peaceful and relaxing and the card came together so easily.  I'll show you in a minute.

In other news, I'm having a banner designed for my blog and it's nearly complete.  I saw the prototype this afternoon and I really like it.  I can't wait to show it to you.  I'm hoping to unveil it by the end of this week.  No promises, but that's what I'm wishing for.

Now, back to play time.  Here's my creation for today...

Tilda with Newly Hatched Chicken

This sweet little girl is from the 2010 Hoppy Easter collection.  #3047 Tilda with Newly Hatched Chicken is available at Magnolia-licious.  There is still time to get her and the rest of the collection in time for Easter.  Better get to it!

The dp's are also from the Magnolia Hoppy Easter collection!  Aren't they just sweet?  I couldn't wait to use them.  They are available at Magnolia-licious and come in a variety of colors and patterns all in a sweet 6x6 package.  They're perfect for your Easter and spring projects and I just love 'em!!!  The cs is from Bazzill.  Tilda's background was cut with a Nellie Snellen frame die.  The ribbons are just your basic craft ribbons from the local craft store.  I cut the white lace border with a MS punch.  The flowers are from Making Memories and....you guessed it!...Magnolia - also available at Magnolia-licious.  The corner embellies are by Melissa Frances and I absolutely adore them.

I colored the entire image with Copic markers and then added shadows with Ranger Distress Inks - walnut stain and pumice stone.  I use a dry, flat paint brush when I do this step and it's always the very last thing that I add to the image.  It really adds a lot of depth and dimension.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I had a great time creating this card today and an even better time showing it to you.  I hope you have a great evening.  Try to find some time to color.

Ciao,

Angie

39 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Angie!!

Your card is SUPER CUTE!!! I love it. Love this Tilda I'm so glad I have her too. You colored her perfectly! What color is her dress? Beautiful flower bundle too. Stunning card. Hugs!!

Julie said...

Your card is lovely. I really like how the yellow rose compliments the little yellow chick. So adorable!

Lisette said...

Adorable! Love the colors you used. The chick really pops out.

Smiles,
Lisette

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh how flippin precious is this card??!!! I love her and your coloring is awesome! Greaqt layout too! I love it, Angie!
hugs!
Sharon

Only by His Grace said...

Hi Angie,
you have coloured Tilda beautifully. I love the colours you used. I thought you had used distress inks until I read your notes. It looks so lovely with that shade of blue and the lemon rose really finishes it off.
Ha! love the bunnies in the background.
Hugs Marion (aust)

Eulanda said...

Oh she's a lot cuter on your card then sitting in a bag on my desk! LROL! I MUST make a card with her this week. She really is TOO CUTE! Love your card and the shadowing is a great extra touch to your image. Love the colors too. Very nice!

Tracey said...

What a sweet card! Tilda is adorable and coloured beautifully. I love your card!

hikers said...

She's adorable! I'm so sad I don't have any of the Easter stamps yet. Awesome coloring. Myrna

isu.alum said...

Oh this is just adorable. I love the yellows and blues together and boy, I can't believe I didn't get that stamp! Kick, Kick, Kick. Your coloring is superb!

Handmade by Vivi said...

Oh Angie, your card is so adorable!
Image is so cute!!!
I love it!!!
xxx
Vivi

monica said...

Hi angie, I love her, she looks so soft- your coloring is awesome, the colors work so well together. She looks so proud of her "chickie" Really like the papers you used too. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us
Hugs
Monica M

charlene aka scrappygma said...

Angie she is just adorable and I love the colors you have used ! You are so talented.
Hugs

Barb Hardeman said...

She is just adorable Angie! What a fantastic job you did with coloring her. Just gorgeous....

Diana Crick said...

How sweet is she!!!Gorgeous colouring Angie and I agree your shading makes all the difference and really brings her and the chick to life. He just "pops" out at you as you look at your card. Great layout, love yellow and blue together. Super CardART!
hugs, Diana

Lisa said...

Angie!! she looks beautiful!! I love the colors you chose and your coloring is awesome!

hugs,
Lisa

Candy said...

Angie, Your card is beautiful!!!
Hugs, Candy

Leonie said...

Angie this is just super gorgeous!! Loving the colours you have used and that paper is just so damn cute!!
hugs
leonie

Lori said...

Awww... this little sweetie made me smile BIG : ) Beautiful, Angie!
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Summerthyme Studio said...

OH my!
She's gorgeous

Vicki

Nancy said...

Hi Angie,
Wow your card is beautiful! Love how you have colored Tilda she is beautiful and adorable! Great layout and perfect design papers.
Awesome card!
Hugs,
Nancy

Peggie said...

Beautiful card. Love your coloring.

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Beautiful card! Love the way you colored Tilda...gonna try your method of shadowing, its awesome!

Bengelmama said...

wow, what a beautiful card, love it all the way.

Nadine

Sue said...

Wow this is gorgeous. love it, and your colouring in wow wow!
hugs
Sue x

Scrappinangler said...

Lovely! The shading is wonderful! I would love to see how you do that! ~Tori

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

Beautiful card! I love how it's Eastery without using traditional Easter colors.

Monique said...

Lovely card Angie !!! You've coloured her so beautifull !

Hugs Monique

Renkata said...

Very pretty card. Great colouring.

stephanne said...

Hi Angie, this is darling!! Such a sweet image and your colouring and shadowing is spectacular!!! What fun you must be having with those Easter stamps, can't wait to see what else you'll create!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

Pen to Paper said...

Angie, very cute card. I love your coloring and that stamp is so adorable.

XOXO

Jackie

Aletha J. Williams said...

Angie,
She is beautiful! I love your colors, so subtle yet so spring! Great job.

Aletha

Gina L said...

I had not noticed that paper in the store. It is precious. I really love how you colored the Tilda, too. Such a pretty card! Can't wait to see your new banner. I am just learning this blog stuff. Gina L

Christine Riley said...

So pretty, I love the layout and colors.
Hugs, Christine

Shirley N said...

Your card is just gorgeous, I love your colors, your DP and your embellies! Love your coloring too!!!

Cheryl said...

So pretty, Angie! Love how you've used the Mag paper, too!
Beautiful coloring!

Patricia Garcia said...

Hello Angie, beautiful card, love the pretty colors you used! She's a cutie!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Pam said...

I just love these Easter images. I have to be able to use them all year long. They are too beautiful just to use for one month. You did a gorgeous job with this one too. It's just too cute.
~Pam

Chris said...

Beautiful card Angie and your colouring and design are gorgeous! Love the Magnolia papers you used, they're lush aren't they? Hope you're well. Chris :)

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Such a sweet, sweet card! You do such beautiful work!
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails