LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Frog Prince...


Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!  We had a fantastic Magnolia-licious DT Blog Hop yesterday!  What fun!!!  I sure hope you were able to join us.  If not, you can still check out the DT creations at Magnolia-licious Highlites.  Everyone was so creative with the Easter/Spring and acetate theme.  Don't forget to join in with your own project!  Use your imagination and you can do amazing things.

Soooooooo, on another note, when I arrived home Friday evening I was welcomed by a wonderful surprise!  My Maggies had arrived!!!  I absolutely could not wait to work with them.  But I had to...it was late and I had to put my son to bed.  Then I had to hit the sack because we had an early morning scheduled for Saturday.  I still don't know how I made it through Saturday!  I didn't get much sleep Friday night because I kept waking up thinking about coloring one of my new Maggies.  Seriously, I must have woke up half a dozen times with coloring on my mind.  My husband said simply "just stop thinking about it".  Dah!!!  Why didn't I think of that???  I explained to him that, unlike men, women do not have that empty, blank space in their brains that they can go to whenever they want!  He didn't laugh.  Aren't sleepless nights miserable???  Anyway, by midday Saturday, I was finally able to get to my craft room.  Aaaahhhhhh...ain't life wonderful : )

My absolute favorite new Magnolia is, drum roll please.....#207 Fairytale Tilda!!!  She's part of the PIRATES & FAIRYTALE COLLECTION that is scheduled for release some time in April.  You can PRE-ORDER her and others from the collection right now at Magnolia-licious.

I layed out this card following the Friday Sketchers challenge this week.  It's a great sketch and it lent itself to a bi-fold card, which I have been secretly wanting to do for a while now.  I just kept forgetting to actually do it!!!

Now, without further adieu, here she is...........

Fairytale Tilda

In keeping with the Spring season that is nearly upon us, I chose some very 'springy' dp's by My Mind's Eye - Ooh La La.  The cs is SU.  I just happened to have some craft ribbon that matched perfectly.  I cut the image and background with Nestabilities.  The leaves were cut using a MS punch.  I applied diamond Stickles all over the wings.  You should see them in person!  Very sparkly!!!  The pearls are by K&Company and I colored them with a Copic marker.  The fantabulous flowers are from Magnolia and you can get them at Magnolia-licous.  Diana has a really great selection of Magnolia embellishments in the store.  You should check it out!

Tilda was colored with a combination of Copic markers and distress inks.

I hope you all have a great day today.  Take a look at the Magnolia-licous DT Blog Hop creations at Magnolia-Highlites if you haven't already.  We really hope you join in on the fun and show us your own creations.

Try to find some time to color.  It's good for the soul.

Ciao,

Angie

40 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

YAY!!! Me first??!!! Angie this card is soooo GORGEOUS!!! I love the pink wings and your coloring is spectacular!!! I love it! Need my address???? LOL!
hugs!
Sharon

angel4031 said...

Oh WOW Angie this is STUNNING!!! I love it xxx

Sophie LaFontaine said...

Your colouring is awesome!!! I love the sparkle on her wings too!

Nancy said...

Oh Angie she is beautiful! I love how you have colored Tilda! Awesome job!
Hugs,
Nancy

Lynn's Magnolia Haven said...

THAT IS SO CUTE
Im inspired to have to buy that stamp,
Thanks
Great JOB

Peggie said...

Oh I love what you did with her wings. They are fabulous. Your coloring is wonderful. Love the card.

Barb Hardeman said...

Ooo-La-La, Angie! Sleepless or not you did a wonderful job on this card. She is beautifully colored and your take on the sketch is fabulous! Love, love, love it!

Aletha J. Williams said...

Your coloring and photo are great! That sketch is wonderful also.

Cissy said...

I love this stamp AND I love those wings!!! Very very beautiful!!!

~Cissy

Leslie Avila said...

Beautifully colored! nice job!
Blessings~
Leslie Avila

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty card Angie!! Love the sweet layout and Tilda is colored beautifully!
Hugs,
Cabio

Only by His Grace said...

Hi Angie,
I love this Tilda and her wings look gorgeous. Lovely layout too.
Hugs Marion

Patricia Garcia said...

Hello Angie, beautiful card, love this cute Tilda! I can't wait to ink mines up, so many Maggies so little time! LOL!

Hugs,
Patricia

raindropecho said...

Another gorgeous creation, Angie!! I really love how you combine Copics and Distress Inks. I tried to do that, but the stamping ink smears!
- Ann

Norma said...

Ooh ooh ooh, Angie, Tilda is super cute!! Gorgeous card. Love how you colour this Tilda. The pink wings are fab. Really terrific job you did on the card. Love it.

hugs.
Norma

Candy said...

Hi Angie,
Your card is beautiful!!!
Hugs, Candy

Leonie said...

OMG this is so darn cute!! I have this stamp on its way and I cant wait!!! Love the colours you have used...gorgeous gorgeous!!
hugs
Leonie

Maureen said...

How how cute is this???? Those wings! Wow! What a great card!

shelly said...

She's beautiful and I love how you gave her pink wings!!! She's one of my favorites =)
Hugs,
Shell

RubyM:) said...

just stunning!Love your coloring and the paper you used helped your little girl pop eben more.Perfect card LO.Great card,RubyM:)

Scrappinangler said...

This is beautiful! The sparkle and glitz is wonderful. ~Tori

Karen W said...

Angie - lovely card. Love the colors you choose
Karen

josie said...

beautiful card.The creations in this group are awesome.

Kathy said...

WOW I just love how you have colored this beautiful image in!!! She is gorgeous and I adore her wings!!!
I think this is my new favorite image as well!!
Have a great week!
:)kathy

Monique said...

She is beautifull !!

Hugs Monique

Bengelmama said...

A beautiful card. I like it very wel

Nadine

Robin said...

Beautiful card!!! This little Tilda is so sweet. Great job on all the little details!!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a gorgeous card, Angie! Your coloring is amazing!
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

Eulanda said...

I can see why she's a favorite of yours. What a cutie and I love what you did with her wings. Sweet!

danoli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patti.Jo said...

This is such a cute card with Tilda and the frog! Great job on your card Angie....adorable!

charlene aka scrappygma said...

What can I say except I love her and you have just nailed this one too !
Hugs

True :) said...

WoW!!!!
This is stunning! A real jaw dropper! Your coloring is AWESOME!!!!

Hugs,
True :)

Stampin Mindy said...

this is amaxing, I just love the way you did her wings! Stunning work!

tanja said...

Gorgeous card. Love how you colour this Tilda by tanja

Christine Riley said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love your colors and papers and you colored the image beautifully.
Hugs, Christine

ChrisaBella said...

Love the colors on the card. Very pretty card

Lori said...

{Gasp} Angie... this is waaaaaay beyond gorgeous!!! I understand why this is your new fav Tilda. She is stunning! What did you use to color her wings? Copic or distress? I love the look! I'm so glad you have found time to get some crafting done. I get cranky when it's too long between coloring sessions - lol! I'm not surprised that you've had some sleepless nights. I find myself thinking about making cards all the time!

Love and big hugs ~
Lori

Lauren said...

This is adorable!

Lauren

KarenB said...

Your little fairy is gorgeous! The shimmery touches on her wings are just perfect.

Related Posts with Thumbnails