LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, March 20, 2010

Friends Always...

Hello Everyone!!!  I sure hope your weekend is going well so far.  I've been sooooooo busy getting the books ready for the accountant.  This is a very hectic time of year for us.  But things will slow down a bit for me once I ship everything off to the accountant.  You know, I studied finance in school because I couldn't stand accounting.  Now, it's the part of the business that I have to deal with.  Ugh!!!

Before we get down to play time, we have the winner of my MDUC Birthday Blog Candy!  The winner was chosen using Random.org and she is number 73, Marian from 'Only By His Grace Paper Crafting'!!!  Congratulations Marian!!!

True Random Number Generator

Min: 1
Max: 122

Result: 73

Powered by RANDOM.ORG

Now, back to play time.  I made this card a short time ago for Magnolia Down Under Challenges and I'm so happy to be able to show it off.  The MDUC challenge this week is with this really great sketch and the DT has put together some really wonderful creations for you to see.  Make sure to head over there to check them out.  And...be sure to get to work on your own creations to enter into the challenge.  It's a really cool one!  I can't wait to see what you come up with : - )


I had a lot of fun with this sketch.  Here's what I came up with...

Tilda with Bow

I LOVE THIS IMAGE OF TILDA!!!  This is one of my absolute favorite Magnolia images.  Doesn't she look so sweet in the field with her tank top and jeans???  I added the field, but she still looks so comfy!  I get my Maggie's at Magnolia-licious.  They have the largest inventory in the USA and the service is impeccable.  You can find Tilda, #209 Standing with Hair Bow right HERE.  She's currently on re-order and will be back in stock soon.  She's a popular girl!  Feel free to stock up on the others as well!!!  Who can resist???  The Hoppy Easter/Spring collection just came out and the store is stocked!  I'll be working with them this next week and I can't wait to show you what I come up with.  Stay tuned!

The dp's are from My Mind's Eye and the cs is SU.  The white flowers are by Petaloo and I made the coordinating flowers with a paper punch, some Glimmer Mist and Mark Richards black gems.  The photo corners were cut with a Cuttlebug die.  I don't know the maker of the sentiment, but I love it.  I used Stickles here and there for a little something shiny.

I colored the image using watercolor with distress ink and Copic markers.  I added the field of flowers using both as well.

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed my creation.  Try to find some time to color!!!

Ciao for now,

Angie

34 comments:

Pam S. said...

sweet as can be Angie! love this Tilda and how you colored her...I really like how the corners frame her...the randomly placed flowers are really nice! tfs!
Pam Going Postal

Barb Hardeman said...

She is definitely a sweetie, Angie! Your coloring with the two different mediums is wonderful. I love your corner adornments and the pretty flowers...super job...hugs...Barb

Handmade by Vivi said...

oh, your cards is adorable Angie!!
I love the frame corners and the background is so cute!!!
You Tilda is beautifully colored!
xxx
Vivi

Sharon Caudle said...

OMG! THis is definitely one of my favorites!!!! I love the "pop" of this card and she's one of my very favorites. LOVE this card, Angie! Absolutly love it!!!!
hugs!
Sharon

Leonie said...

O Angie I love her and your colouring is awesome!!! I love the whole almost rustic tones in your card. And those corners are just awesome. Thanks for sharing her with us
Hugs
Leonie

Regina said...

Angie!!!! I make mine all Sharon´s words. I really abdolsutely love this card. Your coloring is amazing and all the details you did is fantastic.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Regina

Maureen said...

Oh Angie, this is so awesome!!! After a day of cleaning house, I definitely want to find time to colour!!!

Your card is so great; I too love this image... I need to ink mine up. Your colouring is fantastic, and I LOVE the field you made for Tilda! The whole thing is perfect.

Gloria J. Dawson said...

I just love your card! Your coloring is amazing...I like the look of mixing the copics with the distress inks, will try this myself!

Leslie Avila said...

Fabulous job! THe color scheme and coloring are superb.
Blessings~
Leslie AVila

Leslie Avila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peggie said...

Just a great card. It just made me smile. Love the flowers and the corners and everything.

Helen said...

She's so pretty! I love the colors of this card, too!
Blessings!
~H

Nancy said...

Angie what a beautiful card! Your coloring is amazing and this Tilda is just as cute as can be! Awesome job!
Hugs,
Nancy

Only by His Grace said...

Hi angie,
I love everything about this card.
Just super.
Hugs marion

Debra James said...

Wonderful card Angie, Love that Tilda and love your colour combo and how you presented her on the card-all those little extras add such a lovely feel to the card. Fabulous, Hugs xxxx

Paolchen said...

Hi Angie,

your card is adorable.
Very beautiful.

Love
Paola

Linda S. said...

Awsome, Awsome card. I love the layout, colors of the papers, your coloring of the field and of course sweet little Tilda. I think I also own this stamp....so how come she never looks this good on my cards??!! Linda S. in NE

Cissy said...

Love this stamp too!!! Wonderful job you did!!!

~Cissy

Kellie Winnell said...

ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! I could sit here and stare all day long. Your colouring is absolutely amazing and the colours are STUNNING! Absolutely LOVE it!
Hugs Kel xx

Chantelle said...

What an amazing card Angie - your colouring is just beautiful - wonderful job.

maddy hill said...

i love the effect you got with all those colouring techniques , beautiful card - just adorable and yes she is a cutie !

hugs maddy x

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

hi angie! wow!! this is just gorgeous and your coloring always just blows me away. SO pretty!

Jodie from Oz said...

Angie, Wow, I love your card, the colours and scene are fabulous and I too love this adorable Tilda. Your colouring is wonderful. A fabulous take on the sketch and so much inspiration for all joining MDUC this week. Hugs jodie from Oz

Kimba-Slydog said...

Wonderful card and so great colored!!! So stunning!!!

Hugs
Nicole

Debbi said...

She is so sweet! I just love your coloring--perfect! And that image makes me long for summer...
*smiles*
debbi

Patti.Jo said...

Angie she is just the cutest! I ALWAYS enjoy seeing your cards!!! I check out every little detail!!! Terrific job and TFS!

Patricia Garcia said...

Beautiful card Angie, love this Tilda!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Jane said...

WOW!!! gorgeous colours and your colouring is absolutely incredible!! I love it! hugs, Jane xxx

Vicky said...

OMG...you really have done her justice...everything fit's like a glove...beautiful colours,papers and design
Your colouring is amazing!!!
x
Vicky

Gina L said...

This is my fave Tilda and I love what you did with her! Great card! Gina L

asimpson said...

All of your work is absolutely beautiful.

Annette

asimpson2 at telus dot net

Robin said...

Gorgeous card!! The flowers are wonderful and so is Tilda!

stephanne said...

Wow Angie, your colouring makes this sweetheart pop right off the paper!! Love the colours you've chosen and that gorgeous MME paper, love it!! A wonderful sight to see this week at MDUC!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

Angie said...

I have just stumbled across your blog and it's fabulous!!! I love the photo corner you used. Is it a cuttlebug die? Or another company?
I'm going to add you to my blogroll, http://angiebaker.wordpress.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails