LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Easter's Coming!


Happy Hump Day Everyone!  This has been one crazy week.  My husband is in Dallas this week so I'm playing 'single mom'.  My son's school is 25 miles away and I'm doing both drop-off and pick-up this week.  But, you do what you have to and it's all worth it in the end.  Right?

I want to thank everyone for visiting me here and all of the wonderful things you had to say about my first Magnolia-licious GDT card.  It's one thing to like your own work, it's another to hear it from others.  I truly appreciate it.  And, if you haven't yet seen all of the works by the entire Magnolia-licious DT, hop on over to Magnolia-licious Highlites to check them out.  They're gorgeous!!!

So, I found some time for crafting yesterday and, I have to admit, it did not flow easily.  I really struggled with my painting for some reason.  Today, I felt much better, tossed out what I worked on yesterday and re-painted Tilda.  I'm sooooooo much happier with the results.  I hope you like her...

Tilda with Easter Egg

Well, Easter is nearly upon us so I thought I'd spread a little Easter cheer.  This Tilda with Easter Egg is just the sweetest!  She's available at Magnolia-licious.  I don't think she's in the store right now, but if you send Diana a message she can get an update for you.


The dp's by American Crafts were the color inspiration.  I just love these papers.  The gray is such a beautiful accent.  The cs is Bazzill Basics.  I cut the circle and scallop border with my Nestabilities.  Flowers are by both Prima and Petaloo.  The pearls are also Prima.  I found the pins in the wedding isle at the craft store.  The ribbon is just inexpensive by-the-yard from the craft store.  I added Stickles to Tilda's hair ribbons and jumper.  The egg and flowers also got a bit for a little extra something shiny.

I colored Tilda with a combination of Copic markers and Ranger Distress Inks.  That's turning out to be my favorite way of coloring images.  I really like the end result of using them together.

So, that's it for today.  I have to leave to pick up my son at school.  I hope you all find some time to color.

Ciao,

Angie

15 comments:

siameseplease said...

She is beautiful! I love the sheer ribbon and the pearls. So pretty and sweet, too! Gina L

Crazystamper said...

Just SO pretty. Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.crazystamper.typepad.com

raindropecho said...

Wow, this is amazing! I really love these colors together - would have never come up with them. Great job :)
- Ann

Barb Hardeman said...

Seems like we both had the same kind of day yesterday...my project ended up in the trash also! This one is beautiful. Your combination of color mediums truly works well. Beautiful papers, and you know me...anything with pearls and flowers is right up my alley!

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful! I love her and your papers are so yummy! Great card!
hugs!
Sharon

Nancy said...

Beautiful card and I love your coloring of Tilda she is adorable!
Hugs,
Nancy

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Beautiful card!! Love the colouring and the beutiful papers.

Only by His Grace said...

Wow Angie,
she looks gorgeous. i love the colours you have used. Great use of copics and distress inks.
Hugs
marion

Candy said...

Hi Angie,
Simply beautiful.
Hugs, Candy

Cyndi Evans said...

Adorable card..I will have to get out some distress inks and try this out...

Patricia Garcia said...

Hello Angie, awesome card, love the pretty Tilda, your coloring if FAB!!

Hugs,
Patricia

monica said...

Hi Angie,
The card is really, really nice. Tilda looks so beautiful holding her easter Egg and the coloring is fantastic. Super job
Monica M

Christine Riley said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the layout and colors and Tilda is too cute :)
Hugs, Christine

Cissy said...

Love everything about this! So pretty!

~Cissy

Patti.Jo said...

Another cutie Angie! Love how you've colored her and done the layout!

Related Posts with Thumbnails