LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, March 7, 2010

Don't have a snuggie? How about a hoodie?



It's...Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!  I hope you're all well.  I came down with a terrible cold this weekend.  It started with a sore throat on the morning that my husband was flying home from Dallas.  Welcome home honey!!!  I spent yesterday in bed while my husband and son had a wonderful 'Daddy/son day' of lego shopping and a trip to the movie theater.  My son had saved his birthday and Christmas money so he had a nice stash of cash for their shopping excursion. 

Anyway, today I'm feeling much better and I thought I would show you my latest creation.  I fell in love with this Tilda from the Winter 2008 collection.  She is all bundled up to keep warm and has her hood framing her sweet little face.  We still have several weeks of winter to go here in Michigan so I thought I would do one last winter card before diving into the spring and Easter cards. 

If you're looking for this stamp or any others that I've used, you can find them at Magnolia-licious.  Right now, this one is not in stock.  It's from an older collection but I've never used it and I couldn't resist.  But, Magnolia-licious is my number place to shop for all things Magnolia.  Diana always has new inventory on the way, so I encourage you to stop by the store frequently.  If there is something that you are looking for that you don't see, just drop Diana a line and she'll get it for you.  Right now you can pre-order the new Easter/Spring collection.  She even has some of the Wedding and Pirates collections in stock right now!  These will not be formally released until some time in April.  So get them fast.  Quantities are limited and they'll go quickly!!!

Here's my little Tilda for the day......

Tilda with Hood


I selected this image of Tilda prior to selecting anything else.  I knew I wanted to do one final winter card and I really wanted to use Tilda with Hood.  She reminds me of Little Red Riding Hood.  Come to think of it, maybe I should have colored her coat red!  Anyway, the dp's are from the BG Blitzen collection.  The cs is SU.  The snowflakes are from Imaginisce and TPC Studio.  The sweet little sentiment is part of an Our Craft Lounge winter set that I no longer have the name of.  The ribbon is just by-the-yard from the craft store.  Tilda's backdrop and the sentiment were cut using Nestabilities.  I used Stickles all over this card - the fur on her hood, the accents on her coat, the flowers in her basket, and the large snowflakes.

Here I tried to capture some of the dimension of the card.  You can better see the layering and the distressing of the papers. 

I painted this image using watercolor with Ranger Distress Inks.  Her skin was colored with Copic markers.

That's it for today.  I hope you enjoyed my card.  Thank you so much for joining me.  I hope you find some time to color.

Ciao,

Angie

18 comments:

raindropecho said...

Awww so looks lovely! What a wonderful job you've done with her, Angie!
- Ann

ladydiana said...

What delicious papers. The colour combo is very interesting, perfect in fact. Her coat looks like suede.
Beautiful card Angie!!
hugs, Diana

Anary said...

You winter card is lovely..i liked the colors!

Cami said...

Lovely winter card with pretty colors combined. Cami

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Angie! I really love those papers and snowflakes and Tilda looks fabulous!
hugs!
Sharon

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Angie, your card is adorable! What awesome colors you chose for the background and Tilda is beautifully colored! Your embellishments are just perfect for the finishing touches...

Nancy said...

What a beautiful card and your coloring is awesome! I love all the details and your papers are perfect! Beautiful card!
Hugs,
Nancy

Christine Riley said...

So pretty! I love the papers you chose and your coloring is fantastic.
Hugs, Christine

Patricia Garcia said...

Hello Angie, love your card. The embellies look nicely!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Scrappinangler said...

How sweet! You did a wonderful job! :) ~Tori

Norma said...

Beautiful card, Angie. Love this image of Tilda. I like your DP's and the non-traditional Christmas/winter colours. Beautiful colouring as always. Terrific job on the card.

Hugs.
Norma

Candy said...

Hi Angie,
NO to the red coat! This yellow one is simply gorgeous!! Love the way you have coloured Tilda - every inch of her!!!
Hugs, Candy

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous card sweetie
Hugs jacqui x

cabio's craft corner said...

Lovely coloring and beautiful winter card Angie!
Hugs,
Cabio

Chris said...

Hi Angie! Hope your cold is better today, that's no fun. Absolutely love your card and your colouring is superb, such a wonderful colour scheme and design too. I've been having a quick catch up on your cards since I was last here and they're all so beautiful! Take care of yourself. Hugs, Chris :)

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awww....angie, she is adorable! and your coloring is wonderful!!

Cissy said...

Very cute. Glad this weather is over though. :)

~Cissy

Jodie from Oz said...

Angie, wow another beautiful card, I really love the gorgoeus papers and snowflakes. Tilda is so sweet and so beautifully coloured.
hugs Jodie from Oz

Related Posts with Thumbnails