LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Chicken And The Egg...

Good Afternoon Everyone!  Having a very busy day today.  I had to take the car in for service, run some errands, clean up my craft room, do laundry, and fix a card that I messed up yesterday.  I don't know what it is, but the more time I have to work on a card, the more trouble I have with it.  When I'm pressed for time, things seem to go much more smoothly.  

Here's my story... I dedicated yesterday morning to making an Easter card with my new Magnolia Easter stamps.  I was relaxed, took my time, and three hours later I was very happy with the results.  I left my craft room and went about the rest of my day.  Last night, just before going to bed, I popped my head into my craft room to admire my card once again and realized just what I had done!!!  Tilda was hovering in mid air above the grass!!!!!!  Now this particular Tilda is part of the Easter collection and not the 'magic' collection, so I knew something had gone awry.  NOW WHAT!!!  Think, Think, Think........I grabbed my markers and began to draw more blades of grass and tried to make it appear as though Tilda was standing on a little mound of grass.  It wasn't working and I didn't want to scrap the entire project.  How about Flower Soft????  I didn't have the right colors.  I decided to make a trip to the craft store in the morning.  Needless to say, I had some very stressful dreams last night.

Finally, morning came and I eventually made my way to Archiver's.  Check out my card to see how things turned out.  I'm very relieved.

Chicken Tilda

Isn't she the cutest???  I used both #3027 Chicken Tilda and #461 Three Eggs.  They're available at Magnolia-licious and they're both from the Hoppy Easter collection.  The dp's are from My Mind's Eye - Quite Contrary and they just scream spring and Easter!!!  They just make me smile :-)  The cs is Bazzill.  Do you like the grass???  I made my own mixture of: Fun Flock - Sour Apple Green; Sparkly Fluff - Irish Green & Brown Sugar.  It's fuzzy and I just love it!!!  What a fix!!!  Anyway, the flowers are from Daisy Doodles, K&Company and Prima.  The little green crystals are from Magnolia and you can get them at Magnolia-licious.  The ribbon is just basic craft ribbon.  I used Stickles on the flowers and Tilda's bow.

Here you can better see the dimension of the card.  I just love layers!  I colored the images using watercolor with distress inks and Copic markers.

Thank you for visiting my today.  I hope you enjoyed my creation.  Try to find some time to color.

Ciao,

Angie

34 comments:

Christina C. said...

Wow, I love your blog....very trendy!! Your card is spectacular...absolutely beautiful coloring on that sweet Tilda and your embellishments are totally awesome.

Kathy R. said...

Angie,so very chicky, and the grass looks like it was meant to be!! Love the new look of your blog, That ScrapGirl looks just like you. Alway's love your Tilda's. KathyR.

Helen said...

So beautiful!!! Tilda's so adorable and your colors are awesome! I love this card!!!
Blessings!
~H

Irena said...

Vision of your blog is wonderful and your card is just incredibly cute.

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Love your card!! Your coloring is amazing...like the way you mixed distress inks with copics. Love the grass too!

Pat said...

Oh Angie...your new blog design is very cooooool. And yoiur chicken card is spectacular! I love the colors, coloring, layout, dp's & embellishments. I love, love, LOVE it! Now I wish I had orderd this Tilda stamp too! arrgghhh! Gorgeous! Pat Frank

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Angie, your new blog design is so cool! I love your story about your sweet card. Which of us haven't found themselves in the same delema! Your creative "save" on your card has really turned out to the greatest advantage! It's gorgeous...hugs...Barb

Lisa said...

Cute little chicky!! And your blog looks great!! Must be the season to revamp blogs, I've done mine and I've notice that Claudia revamped hers too!! Once again, I love the colors you chose.

hugs,
Lisa

Peggie said...

What a fun card. Love seeing the glass beads.

Nancy said...

Angie I love the new look of your blog!
Your card is fabulous! Everything looks perfect! Your coloring is beautiful. Love the flowers and the design paper.
Hugs,
Nancy

Summerthyme Studio said...

And you card is VERY beautiful!!!! Phew, I'm not the only one who can spend Three hours on a card! lol

have a wonderful day

Vicki

Shirley N said...

So, so cute! Love your layout and the DPs you used.

Pen to Paper said...

Angie, she is sooo cute. I love this card!!!

XOXO

Jackie

cabio's craft corner said...

Love the beautiful coloring on this cute image :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, Angie! I couldn't help but giggle at your story. We've all been there, and more than once. LOL! I'm so happy you were able to salvage it, cause it's way too adorable! I love this Tilda and she looks fabulous on your mound of grass. Yummy papers and the flowers are fantastic! Great card!!
hugs!
Sharon

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh! Forgot to say I love your new blog look! FABULOUS header!!!
hugs!
Sharon

dolcreations said...

Oh my....this is simply gorgeous. I love the paper and that adorable arrangement of flowers...and the ribbon! Everything is just perfect!

shelly said...

Angie, I like your new blog. Great job on the card, you're coloring is awesome as usual. She's the cutest!

Sue said...

This is stunning Angie, love it, the flowers are gorgeous an it is so bright an beautiful.
hugs
Sue x

Maureen said...

Awesome! Both the card AND the blog!

Leonie said...

Had a little laff at your sweet story...but it turned out great in the end...loving your fluffy grass! And your new blog rocks!! So kewl!
hugs
leonie

Diana Crick said...

Maybe she wants to be part of a fairytale...lol. She is absolutely gorgeous and I love the grass..happy accident turns into perfection. I absolutely adore it!!!!
hugs, Diana

Diana Crick said...

Forgot to mention...I LOVE the new Blog...femme fatale!
hugs, Diana

stephanne said...

Your blog makeover is terrific!!! Your card turned out wonderfully, what a great solution to hover-Tilda, you know, maybe she started flapping her wings?? Beautiful card, I love the papers and your brilliant colouring!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

Julie Case said...

Not only do I LOVE your card but your blog looks fantastic! I always enjoy stopping by to see your newest creations! The papers are gorgeous and so is your fluffy grass! Just adorable!!
Julie

Gina L said...

If you had not said something, I would have never known that you made any errors. I love how the grass turned out. It looks awesome. Those MME papers are fabulous. What a cute card! By the way, I seem to create best under pressure, too. What is up with that?!? Gina L

Candy said...

Hi Angie!
Fabulous new blog!!! So 'chic'.
Your card is adorable and I would never know there had been a problem if you hadn't said so - it looks perfect in everyway. Love your DP and colouring - of course!! LOVE your card
Hugs, Candy

shutterbuggin said...

I can't believe your card was horrible. It's gorgeous!

Bengelmama said...

Uiii das ist aber eine super süße Karte. Wunderschön kombiniert und coloriert.

Nadine

Pam said...

you sure know how to use those markers Angie. Beautifully done. you just got yourself a new follower.
~Pam

Monique said...

Lovely card !! I also love your blogheader :)).

Hugs Monique

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

This card just makes me smile, Angie! How sweet is that! Love it!
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

Helen said...

I might have already posted something on this card, but I think it's just the most adorable thing!!!
Blessings!
~H

marijke said...

she is soooooooo cute

Related Posts with Thumbnails