LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, March 6, 2010

All Dressed Up!

Magnolia Down Under Challenges GDT!!!

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!  I sure hope you're having a great weekend so far!  This is my very first card for Magnolia Down Under Challenges and I'm soooooo excited!  Kellie Winnell asked me a little while back if I would be interested in joining the team as a Guest Designer.  I didn't even have to think about it.  Of course!!!  I'll be here for a couple of months and I'm ecstatic!

This week, the challenge is 3 papers, 3 flowers, 2 buttons and a bow.  The design team has come up with some amazing creations.  I hope you'll check them all out for yourself at Magnolia Down Under Challenges.  Let us know what you think!  And please, join in by making your own card.  It's a really fun challenge.  I'm sure you'll come up with something fantastic!

So, without further delay, here's my creation.  I hope you like it.

Noble Tilda

This time, my inspiration was Tilda herself.  I often times will select dp's first and go from there.  Not this time.  I couldn't wait to use this image of Tilda, all prim and proper and fancied up.  Next, I selected the dp's, which are from BG's June Bug collection.  I love the contrast of the rich, warm colors against the black.  The polka dots really stand out.  The cs is from DCWV.  I cut Tilda's backdrop with Nestabilities and outlined with a fine Copic multiliner while the paper was still in the die.  The flowers are handmade using my EK Success Retro Flower Punches and MS leaf punch.  I followed this flower TUTORIAL by PaperCraftsByRach and it was super easy.  And my goodness, what gorgeous flowers they make!  I put buttons in the middle of the two smaller flowers.  I didn't have the right color so I colored them with a Copic marker.  I applied Stickles to Tilda's hair accessories and Crystal Lacquer to the rose on her dress and her shoes.  It's difficult to see in the photo, but they actually look like black patent leather pumps.  So gorgeous!

I colored this beautiful lady with a combination of Copic markers and watercolor with Distress Inks.  I just love the cranberry red and olive green together.  It's so sophisticated.  Can you see the shine on her black patent leather pumps?

I sure hope you all find some time to color.  It's relaxing and good for the soul.

Ciao for now,

Angie

9 comments:

Kristy Young said...

Gorgeous card Angie!! WOW love you colouring very nice.
Kristy xx

Kimba-Slydog said...

Your card is wonderful!!!!! I love the flowers very much.


Great to have you in the team.

Hugs,
Nicole

Renkata said...

Wow , your Tilda is just amaizing , so chic card.
Great colours combo.

Chantelle said...

Beautiful Angie, your colouring is amazing and those flowers are very cute. Great job.

Chelsea said...

Hi Angie, Love Love Love this card. Tilda is looking so elegant and gorgeous on your card. Thanks for sharing the flower tutorial with us. ~Chelsea

Debbie Pamment said...

I just LOVE the colours you've used - Noble Tilda looks stunning sitting there - and sooo grown up! Love how you used spotty ribbon to match your DP - GORGEOUS inspiration for all!
xXx

Kellie Winnell said...

Angie this is AMAZING. I am so excited you will be with us for a whole month, an with amazing inspirational work like this WOOOWZERS!
Hugs Kel xx

Jane said...

Gorgeous card Angie!!! love the beautiful papers and details, your colouring is gorgeous! hugs, Jane xx

Jodie from Oz said...

Angie, Welcome to the team as GDT, I look forward to seeing all your amazing creations. Nobel Tilda is coloured so beatifully and I love the gorgeous papers and amazing flowers. A wonderful take on the challenge with so much inspiration for all joining MDUC. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Related Posts with Thumbnails