LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, February 21, 2010

Shop-a-holic...

Hi Everyone!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  Ours was really nice.  My son did very well yesterday when testing and earned his black stripe belt in karate.  We're very proud of him.  Yay buddy!!!

I found some time in my craft room today and made another card to enter into the Whiff of Joy Challenges GDT search.  The theme is Pearls and Swirls.  This time I decided to work with Shopping Willow from the New City Girls Collection.  I like to think of this image as me on a good shopping day.  Yeah, right.  Here she is...

Shopping Willow


Isn't she pretty?  I'd like to come home with that many bags when I go shopping!  Anyway, the dp's were the inspiration.  They already have the 'Swirls' on them.  They're from the BG Sugar Rush collection and I just love em'!  The cs is SU, as usual.  I used my MS punch for the beautiful lattice work and added a soft bow with craft store ribbon.  I cut out the image with my Nestabilities and added some sunny yellow shading to the edge with my Distress Ink.  The green pearls in the corners are actually brads, but I cut the backs off of them because I had already secured the dp to the cs.  I added Stickles to Willow's necklace for a little bling bling, as well as to the tissue paper in the bags.

I watercolored Willow with Distress Inks, except for her skin, which I colored with Copic markers.

That's all I have for today.  I'll be taking my best girl, my 7 year old puppy dog, back to the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow so I won't have any time for crafting.  Hopefully on Tuesday.  I hope you all find some time to color!

Ciao for now,

Angie

5 comments:

Gayle said...

Angie, you do come home with that many bags when you shop -- you just do it online so they arrive at the door. Great card...makes me want to go shopping.
--Gayle

Renkata said...

She is so pretty, very nice coloured.
Beautiful card.
I love this image :) For this challenge I have used it too.
Isn't she just gorgeous.

CelticWoman said...

Shopping Willow is darling, great choice of colors. Congrats on Snow Tilda that was an amazing card, loved the wall. Sandi

Nicole Bailey said...

Angie-this is a beautiful card! I love that basic grey paper-and you have used it in such a sophisticated way by pairing it with the black!
Love your coloring too!!!

Regina said...

Angie!!! Your creations are absolutely amazing!!! I´m always here to see your cards!!! Thanks a lot for sharing your talent!!
Hugs
Regina

Related Posts with Thumbnails