LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, February 8, 2010

She's Just Dreamy...

Hello Again Everyone!  We're all well now in our household.  I took my last antibiotic this evening and I felt pretty darn good all day.  Yippie for me!!!  It's still freezing cold here in Michigan and we're expecting a snow storm to hit tomorrow night.  We've been pretty lucky this year with only a few minor snow falls.  But this one promises to be a big one.  Nothing like what they're getting in DC though.  Still, it'll be a nuisance.

I had a lot of work to do today since I was out sick all last week.  First things first though, after dropping my son off at school this morning, I ventured over to Archiver's to do some birthday shopping for myself.  My family had a little birthday party for me last night and gifted me some shopping cards to my favorite brick and mortar.  They had just received a new shipment in so it was perfect timing.  Among other things, I found some of the beautiful new flowers by Prima.  You'll see some on my card below.  I also bought some gorgeous dp's, some of which you will also see on my card.

So, once I got my work done, I was off to my craft room for a little fun.  My goal today was to create a card for the Magnolia Down Under Challenge #32.  The theme is Gray & Pink and guess which color paper I never buy???  You guessed it!  Gray!!!  There isn't that much to choose from at the craft store either.  But, I think I found a stunning gray dp.  I'm very happy with it.  Anyway, after perusing through some of the challenge blogs, I found two more that I decided to enter as well.  So here's my list of challenges for this card:

Magnolia Down Under Challenges - Gray & Pink

Sweet Stampin - Floral Frenzy

Lili of the Valley - Valentines

Sketch Saturday - Sketch

And now..........here's my card!

Dreamy Tilda

Ain't she purdy?  I just love this stamp.  I found her HERE at Magnolia-licious.  The best place in town for all of your Magnolia needs.  Check it out.  Diana has tons of new inventory to choose from right now.  So, the dp's are Pink Paislee and Basic Grey.  I just love them together.  I added some chocolate brown with the use of the Stampin' Up cs and I think the effect is beautiful.  The flowers are my new ones from Prima.  Dontcha just love em'?  The ribbon is from Making Memories and I made the bow with my Bow Easy.  I had to add a sentiment but didn't want to cover up the coordinating pink accent in the layered dp, so I used a white rub-on from Making Memories.  Martha Stewart pink pearls added just the right touch of elegance.  The hanging heart is from Blue Moon Beads.  It just screams 'love' doesn't it?



Here you can see the Copics used to color Tilda.  I also used Ranger Distress Inks for the suggestion of grass and to add more depth to the shadowed areas.

I hope you all have a fantastic week.  Try to find some time to color.

Ciao,

Angie

29 comments:

Nancy said...

I love that sketch and your interpretation is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing.

Barb Hardeman said...

A beautiful card, Angie, gorgeous, gorgeous dp and your wee flowers are divine! Your coloring is fabulous, love how you used the sketch.

Sharon Caudle said...

How pretty, Angie!! I love the colors you chose and those flowers are so pretty! Beautiful job coloring! hugs!

Peggie said...

She is a beauty. Love the coloring and the bow with the pearl and heart. Just the right touch.

Lori said...

Your card is so sweet, Angie! Fab coloring!!! You make me want to color... NOW - lol! TFS :D
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Suzanne J Dean said...

She's beautiful Angie--love how she's colored and that pretty gingham bow! Yeah, us here outside of VA have 34 inches on the ground and expecting a blizzard tomorrow to dump 20 more inches--BLECH!!

Stay Warm!
hugz,
Suzanne

Candy said...

Angie,
Your card is just amazing. Love the sketch and your beautiful take on it. Your colouring is awesome!
Hugs, Candy

Jean said...

A beautiful card Angie.. love your coloring, how perfectly you followed the sketch.. your choice of papers and embellishments are just stunning.. great card..
Hugs, Jean

Kristy Young said...

WOW WOW!! I am in love with your card!! This is sooo stinkin cute!
Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC.
Kristy

Nancy said...

Cute Cute Cute love Tilda and you have colored her so perfectly! Love your design paper and the flowers as well!
Hugs,
Nancy

Debra James said...

What a cute, sweet, pretty card. Your colouring,paper and flowers work so well together.Fabulous! Hugs xxxx

Jane said...

This is gorgeous and your colouring is stunning! thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenge! hugs, Jane xx

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Angie. Your colouring is gorgeous!!

Kerry H said...

Such a sweet card. Great coloring. I love the grass.
Kerry H

JanJay said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers & the colour scheme

Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge this week at Sweet Stampin

Jan xx

Patricia Garcia said...

Stunning card, the colors are awesome!! I love how you color!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Crazystamper said...

This is a beautiful card. Cheers Lora Sinkler-Lake

Aletha J. Williams said...

Angie,
She is gorgeous! Beautiful work. You and Copics get along very well. The image is darling!

RubyM:) said...

hi Angie! Your coloring is beautiful.Your card is working the pastel colors and makes Dreamy tilda stand out.Great job!RubyM:)

Carrie said...

just stunning. Amazing colouring, fab image..just stunning..

Thanks for showing it off over at sweet stamping this week xx

Handmade by Vivi said...

Oh, your card is so pretty!
xx
Vivi

Samara said...

She's BEAUTIFUL!!! Great work.

Christine Riley said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the layout and colors and I love how you did the grass under her. too cute!
Hugs, Christine :)

Queen La Rubba ~ Rachael Doxsee said...

Hi Angie ~ So happy you are all doing well! Love your card this week! She is dreamingly beautiful! Gorgeous! You did a remarkable job on your coloring and the flowers are wonderful! Thank you for joining us for htis weeks "Sweet Stampin" Challenge! Lokking forward to seeing more of your art in the future!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

Fran said...

Love the card, your colouring is AMAZING!!! Thanks for joining us this week over at Magnolia Down Under Challenges!

Emma Lockley said...

WOW ***claps*** stunning!!!
thank you so much for joining us this week for a sweet stampin challenge
love emma xxx

stephanne said...

Your colouring is gorgeous and I love that gingham, wonderful work!! Thanks for sharing with us at MDUC!!
Stephanne

Patti.Jo said...

Very pretty card and love your Tilda!!!

Jodie from Oz said...

Wow Angie, this is stunning, you have coloured Tilda so beautifully. A fabulous take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at MDUC. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Related Posts with Thumbnails