LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Thursday, February 18, 2010

Picky, Picky...

Hello Everybody!  Where have I been?  At home with my son!  The kids have their winter break this week so my son and I have been at home chillin'.  He's actually been enjoying playing on his own a lot and hasn't had much interest in me.  He loves to build with legos and has been having a blast with it.  He doesn't usually get a whole lot of building time during the school week because we have something scheduled every week day after school.  So, he's really taking advantage this week.  This has left me quite a bit of time in my craft room.  I've been trying some new things and working on my guest designer projects for Magnolia Down Under Challenges.  I've got one more to do and so far I'm really happy with the results.  I can't wait to show them to you next month!  I really hope you'll join us.  They've got some fun stuff planned!!!

I've got two cards to show you today.  My goal was to do some simple coloring and focus on incorporating some of the new accessories that I've acquired.  I had a very successful trip to Michaels the other day.  Tip - if you haven't already, check out the wedding isle.  I also got some new stamps from Magnolia-licious and Whiff of Joy and thought I'd give them a test run as well.  I've also been enjoying mixing coloring mediums.  I really like the effect of combining Copic markers and Distress Inks.  On my first card I colored the skin with Copics and the rest I watercolored with Distress Inks, adding shadows at the very end.  On my second card I colored the entire image with Copics and then added shadows over top with Distress Inks.  I've been asked which I like better: Copics or Distress Inks.  To be honest, I think they yield very different results and when used together it's even better.  I haven't been able to decide an answer to that question, so I've decided to like them both equally.

Enough rambling already.  Here are my cards.  I hope you enjoy them.  The first is Tilda.  I'm entering her into the Cute Card Thursday challenge. - Metal Mania.

Tilda Picking Flowers


I absolutely fell in love with this stamp when I saw it and just had to have it.  She's sooooo perfect for spring and summer and I'm sooooooooo in need of a warm sunny day.  I think this stamp is a must have as she is just so sweet.  You can get her at Magnolia-licious, along with a gazillion other Magnolia stamps.  You can always count on Diana to have the Maggies that you're looking for!  So, my color inspiration for this card was the gorgeous dp's from DCWV.  They just scream SPRING!  As always, I used Stampin' Up cs.  I added a little pizzazz with a hint of white trim cut with my new MS punch.  I just love her paper punches!  I bought this one the other day and couldn't wait to use it.  They're so versatile and add so much to a simple card.  I cut the image and background with my Nestabilities and added a remnant of some craft ribbon.  I had just the right amount leftover from another project.  The purple floral picks from Modern Romance were found the other day in the wedding isle at Michaels.  I added a little heart charm and green floral gems that I found in a pile on my craft table.  For the final touches, I cut out little butterflies with my new Marvy punch and added Stickles to the butterflies, flowers and Tilda's wings.

I watercolored Tilda with Distress Inks, except for her skin where I used Copic markers.

I know this is a long post, but I have another card if you're interested...

Charlotte with Large Letter

For my second card I chose Charlotte with Large Letter from Whiff of Joy.  This too is a very versatile stamp.  You can add just about any sentiment you like to fit any occasion.  I think the one that I added is from Hero Arts, but I'm not absolutely sure.  My color inspiration was the K&Company dp's.  The cs is from SU, my favorite.  I used another new MS 'around the corner' punch.  It took a couple tries to get the corners lined up just right, but the end result was worth it.  The image and background was cut with my Nestabilities.  I added pearls to the corners and a little craft store ribbon for texture.  The corsage pins were also from the wedding isle at Michaels and cost next to nothing for a package of 144 pins!  I distressed the whole card with walnut stain Distress Ink and added Stickles around the edge for a little bling.  Finally, I spritzed the whole card with a little glimmer mist, which doesn't show up too well in the photo, but has a beautiful effect in person.

Here you can see a closeup of Charlotte.  She's colored with Copic markers and then finished with Distress Ink shadows.

Well, that's it for today.  My son is having his best friend for a sleepover tonight and all day tomorrow so I probably won't see my craft room til the weekend.  I hope you enjoyed my cards.  Feel free to leave a comment as they always make my day : )

Try to find some time to color.  It's good for the soul and always adds a little balance to my busy life.

Ciao for now,

Angie

15 comments:

Handmade by Vivi said...

Hi Angie,
both cards are adorable!! I love that image of Tilda picking flowers.. it is adorable!
xxx
Vivi

Crazystamper said...

Angie both cards just scream awesome. I love the colours and the colouring. Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.crazystamper.typepad.com

Barb Hardeman said...

Angie you did a wonderful job on both cards! You Tilda is picking flowers right up off the page! How awesome! That is a cute WOJ card and beautifully colored...great job...
Hugs,
Barb

Nancy said...

Angie both of your cards are awesome! Your coloring is fantastic! Great job!
Hugs,
Nancy

Cami said...

I think you made a beautiful card with this Tilda picking flowers, and the DP you is perfect! Love how you colored her with both Copics and distress inks! Cami

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful cards, Angie! Fabulous colors and coloring and love the flowers! hugs!

Christine Riley said...

What beautiful cards, Tilda looks so sweet :)
Hugs, Christine

Patricia Garcia said...

Hello Angie, love both cards you have some good coloring skills!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Shana said...

Beautiful job with your shading! Both cards are amazing!

Deb said...

your cards are stunning, love them both, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Suzanne J Dean said...

Both of these are very cute--I love the soft coloring on Tilda and beautiful flower accents!

hugz,
Suzanne

Norma said...

Angie, you cards are gorgeous and beautifully coloured. Love them both equally.

Hugs.
Norma

Kerry said...

Angie - both cards are wonderful and delightful to look at. I couldn't pick a favorite! Love the spring Tilda - I feel like the flowers are going to jump off the page! Good job - thanks for sharing. Kerry Peasland

siameseplease said...

Both cards are wonderful. They made me smile. I love the wedding aisle for embellies and such! Gina L

Candy said...

Angie,
Both of your cards are wonderful!!! Your colouring ROCKS!! Love the soft colours you did Tilda.
Your card designs are delightful and all of your embellishments are great! Your WOJ image is coloured wonderfully too. I think it doesn't matter how you colour - you are just great at it all :o)
Hugs, Candy

Related Posts with Thumbnails