LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, February 1, 2010

Here kitty kitty...

It's...Monday, Monday, Monday!!!  My son is feeling better and went back to school today.  Since last week was so hectic with him being sick and me still having to get taxes submitted to state and federal governments and quotes out to customers, I decided that today would be a 'me' day.  Whew!  What a great day!  Guess where I spent it....hmmmm...IN MY CRAFT ROOM!!!  Yay for me!!!

Here's a little story...

Many of you that read this know that I am a member of the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group.  You know this because you are too.  And, I might add, you're awesome : )  Anyway, last week someone posted a question that included a reference to someone named 'Chris Dark' and how much she loved her work.  So, curious that I am, I got to it and found Chris Dark HERE.  Her talent is the most remarkable I've seen yet.  She uses watercolor with distress inks and I couldn't wait to try it out.  I contacted her via email with some questions and she was very kind to reply with answers and encouragement.  I can only hope some day to be as great an artist as Chris.

So, today I practiced with a watercolor pen and my distress inks.  When I felt comfortable, I jumped right in and created a card that I will enter into four challenges.  It's nowhere near Chris Dark's level of expertise, but it's a start and I'm proud of it.

I'll be entering this card into the following challenges:

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #31 - Sketch and girlie with orange

Just Magnolia - Hearts & Flowers

Sweet Stampin Challenge #11 - Scallops

Cupcake Craft Challenge #76 - Four Legged & Furry

Here it is...
Tilda with Cat

This Tilda with her kitty cat is just the sweetest thing.  You can get her at Magnolia-licious, which just happens to be one of my favorite stores.  I try to stop by every day or so to see what's new.  As a matter of fact, I'll be placing an order this evening!  Anyway, this card was a very big challenge for me.  I love to try new techniques and this was a big one.  I had no idea what I was doing but I'm very pleased with the results.  I used Copic E00 and E02 on Tilda's skin.  Everything else was colored with the distress inks.  I just love the effect.  The colors are so rich and it wasn't as difficult as I had expected.  I can't wait to practice some more.  The dp's are from Basic Grey's Sugar Rush.  Talk about SPRING!  What a gorgeous collection of papers!  I used Marvy punches to make the flowers and added clear gems and diamond Stickles for a little something shiny.  I added a little VersaColor in 'peony' to the tips of the flower petals.  The sentiment is unknown and was part of a 'hello friend' stamp.  I cut it out with Nestabilities.  Finally, I Stickled around the outer edge of the dp's.

Here you can see the detail of the image.  The cat was looking a little plain, so I added a little pink to it's cheeks for a healthy glow.

I really hope you like this card.  It felt so great to see how it turned out.  I'm very proud of it.

Take care and find some time to create something wonderful : )

Ciao for now,

Angie

37 comments:

Nancy said...

Angie, another winner. You do such a wonderful job with this sweet little girl. Thanks for sharing.

Peggie said...

Super cute. Love the coloring and the layout and the flowers and everything.

Barb Hardeman said...

Angie! Proud you should be!! You did such a fabulous job on the watercoloring on this card. Your card is just adorable and meeting 4 challenges with a new coloring techniqiue is no easy undertaking. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous...hugs...Barb

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful job, Angie!!! The colors are just beautiful and love those papers! You did an amzing job coloring! I love it! hugs!

Julie said...

Beautifully done. I just love those distress inks. You did a great job with them.

Julie

Regina said...

What I think??? It´s absolutely amazing!!!!! I wish do the half you do!!!
I had seen this way of coloring in some europen stampers and I love!!!:)))
You did a wonderful card indeed!!!:))))

Hugs
Regina

Chris said...

WOW, you should be proud, your card and colouring with the inks are superb! I'm so glad you gave it a go and enjoyed it and I can see that you're going to carry on in leaps and bounds. Chris :)

Leonie said...

Well done to you! I think you rawk the watercolours! the colours are very rich and vibrant. Well done you!
Hugs from down under
Leonie :)

Suzanne J Dean said...

Just lovely Angie--you did a wonderful job with the inks! So pretty!

hugz,
Suzanne

Joynana said...

Love this card and the coloring is wonderful. I never thought to buy that image, but I like it.

Cissy said...

I agree....very lovely!

Cissy

Kellie Winnell said...

WOW your water colouring is absolutely amazing are you sure this is your first go and your not pulling our legs hehe. Love how you used the sketch and the added extra challenges. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Magnolia Down Under and Just Magnolia.
Hugs Kel

justliketink said...

Love your card! all the little details...making the flowers....very nicely done.

Robin said...

Wonderful card. Love the colors you chose.

Patti.Jo said...

Terrific job on your coloring! You took right to using the DI's. Very cute card and great work!!!

Biscuitlid said...

gorgeous card, I love the colouring on the image and the background paper is lush.

Fab to see you at Cupcake Crafts this week
Hugs
Victoria
x

Monique said...

Oh, she is beautifull !!! You've coloured here so well. Wonderfull !!

Hugs Monique

Nancy said...

Awesome job Angie! Your coloring turned out fabulous! I love this Tilda also she is just as cute as can be. Love your card awesome job!
HUgs,
Nancy

Crazystamper said...

Just lovely...colouring is terrific! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake

Shelly said...

Ans you should be very proud! This is stunning... I love the stamp (you chose the same one as me lol)...great colouring technique! A beautiful creation! The background looks great too! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
Hugs Shelly ;)

Deb said...

Lovely card! The coloring looks great!

Christine Riley said...

Wow, what an amazing card! I love how you put the fence behind Tilda and created this sweet scene. I also love the sponding you did. Great card, I love it!
Hugs, Christine :)

Steph said...

Wow, your colouring is stunning!

Candy said...

Angie - you card is awesome! Your colouring a delight. What a fantastic job you have done!!!!!
You should be proud of yourself :o)
Hugs, Candy

Jean said...

Angie, what a fabulous card.. it may be cold outside but looking at your card makes me warm.. your colors so well co-ordinated and you did a wonderful job...
Hugs, Jean

Sue said...

What a beautiful job you did with your card. The coloring is wonderful and such bright colors.
Love the little scene you created.

Debbie Pamment said...

Sensational colouring job and great work with the sketch! Love this!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

Queen La Rubba ~ Rachael Doxsee said...

Hi Angie ~ Nice to meet you! Welcome to "Sweet Stampin"!! your card is simply bright and beautiful! Gorgeous! I really LOVE IT! Your coloring is WOW! I love your colors, DP and flowers! Please continue to come back and visit us and enter future challenges with "Sweet Stampin". Your work speaks for itsel! FAB! I love your blog and I am following along. Please hop on voer and follow along with met too!
Look forward to following you and your works of art!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

Only by His Grace said...

Awesome card Angie!

I am just trying this technique as well. You have achieved a beautiful card. I love the way you coloured the cat. Too cute.
hugs marion

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Angie, what a perfect card for our challenge! The image is so cute and your papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Donna said...

Super sweet little card and beautifully embellished! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Fran said...

Your colouring is AMAZING, it is so hard to believe this is your first go at watercolouring!! You definitly have a talent for it. Your card is so beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges!

Jodie from Oz said...

Your card is beautiful, wow your watercolouring is amazing. A wonderful take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges & hope to see you again next week.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Faye said...

This is a beautiful card, coloured so well. Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin. x

scrappyella said...

Another Beautiful card. I 've used distress inks b4 but not to color my Maggie's. Great job :)

Liza said...

Gorgeous work and a great design. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

glowinshadow23 said...

Awww I love the yellow you used to blend into the background. Makes Tilda with cat look so soft. The cat is colored in wonderfully also! Love this card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails