LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, February 7, 2010

Giggly Girl...

Hello Everyone!  This past week was a tough one.  Last Monday, I came down with my sons illness.  In addition to the fever and congestion that he had, I had/have a terrible sore throat.  I literally spent the entire week on the couch or in bed.  My sweet husband took care of his job and mine without complaining.  I started on an antibiotic on Thursday and I'm feeling a little better.  The fever is gone, but I'm still really congested and my throat is still fairly sore.  Hopefully I will feel better with each day.  This one is not an illness that I would wish on anyone.  I actually have a splitting headache right now from the stuffy head.  Whattaya gonna do?

On the upside of things, I received some great news yesterday.  I was invited to join the DT at Magnolia Down Under Challenges as a Guest Designer for March!  I'm very honored and excited and I can't wait to get started.  This will be my first experience as a Guest Designer.  I hope I do a good job!!!  And I hope you'll check out their challenge blog.  They've always got something exciting going on.  They've got a Gray & Pink challenge going on right now, with a really great prize for the winner.  I'm hoping to get my entry done soon!

So, after being out of my craft room for nearly a week, it felt so good to get creative yesterday.  I had it in my head that I wanted to make a card with Tilda and I wanted a strong contrast with the dp's.  After searching through my Magnolia stamps, I settled on Giggling Tilda.  Then began my search for the perfect papers...something with bright colors and a lot of contrast between the lights and darks.  This is what I came up with...

Giggly Girl


Why are there two?  Story time...After selecting the dp's, I decided to dress Giggling Tilda in golden yellow.  It's just an accent color in one of the dp's and I thought I would pull it out.  Once I had her colored and started to assemble the card, I really didn't like the yellow dress!  In all honesty, I'm not really a fan of yellow.  I'm Italian, with olive skin, and yellow makes me look a little green.  Soooooo, I started over with another stamped image and dressed Tilda in red.  I assembled the card with Tilda in red and wasn't sure if the image stood out enough.  I gently placed the 'yellow' image over the 'red' one and, dare I say...I loved how it balanced the yellow bird in the upper right corner.  So, here I am.  Undecided.  I like them both, yet I'm wondering if one is better than the other.  Will you help me decide?  Please leave a comment letting me know what you think.  It'll only take a moment for you to weigh in on which one you think is the better one.

Card A...

Card B...

Details:  GCD Studios dp's; Bazzill Basics ribbon; TPC Studio metal flower; Prima black gems; Stampin' Up cs; Ranger Distress Inks; Copic markers; Making Memories pins; Stickles in black and diamond

And so I've come to the end of another day.  I hope you'll let me know which card you prefer.

Have a great day and find some time to be creative.  It's good for the soul...

Ciao for now,

Angie

21 comments:

ladydiana said...

If I need to choose I would say the red dress. It balances the red in the paper and the flower and allows the bird to be a feature of its own. You lose the drama of the bird by matching her dress to it. The red has much more punch!
The colouring of both images is superb. I would add more shading to the bird as you did her dress.
Lovely card!
hugs, Diana

Lori said...

Congratulations on your GDT with Magnolia Down Under Challenge and your award of excellence!!! That surely is an honor - way to go!!!

Your card is gorgeous, Angie. You did a fine job with the contrast. Your coloring is excellent.
Now... decision time. Hmmm - really, I have to tell you that I looked at them both for quite a while. Either works! If I HAVE to pick one, I would say the red. But only because you made me - lol!!!

Well, I pray you feel stronger and healthier each day and that especially today your headache and sore throat goes away. Those are miserable...

Nancy said...

Very cute, in either color! How I love Tilda.

Nancy said...

What a darling card. I love it in either color.

Nancy said...

Angie, this is a darling card. You did a beautiful job and she is sweet in either color.

Lori said...

When lookin at the individual pics of Tilda, I kinda lean toward the red. But..with the whole card, the yellow balances with the bird. I like both! Too hard to pick.

Scrapers Haven said...

Congratulations on your guest designer!! And sure hope you feel better. I looked at both images and I am pulled to the red one. The red against the white back ground pops more than the yellow. Good luck

Hugz
Colleen

Tracey said...

I think they are both gorgeous cards but if forced to choose I would say I like the red better!! :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Definitely the red dress, Angie. It pops a lot more and the card is much more balanced in color. (and I say that even though my favorite color is yellow!) LOL! Gorgeous coloring and papers! Congrats on your GDT! You'll do great!!! :) hugs!

Peggie said...

I'm leaning towards the red. Of course I love any color as long as it is red. lol. The yellow is nice though. Congratulations on your dt appointment.

akuperstein said...

So cute,makes me want to giggle too. Beautiful work.
Andrea

Robin said...

Love the red outfit. She stands out more on the card. Your eye goes right to her. The yellow one kind of blends in. Glad to hear you are feeling better and congrats!

Aletha J. Williams said...

Angie,
Thanks so much for your wonderful comments! Your work is beautiful. No wonder you received the "Award of Excellence." I like the red also.

Samara said...

Oh WOW!!! I love both of them! Darling!

Candy said...

Angie,
Gosh both cards are wonderful - your colouring is terrific. I too think the red is the best - but it took me a long time to decide that LOL
Hugs, Candy

Nancy said...

They are both great but I think I would pick the red. Your coloring of both is awesome and they both look great but it just seems the red makes the bird pop more. Good luck in your choice they are both great and congrats on being selected for guest DT your work is beautiful!
Hugs,
Nancy

Lena said...

Angie,this card is lovely!! I loved Tilda colouring and flowers.
Congrats on your GDT with Magnolia Down Under Challenge and your award of excellence!!! That surely is an honor - way to go!!!
Hugs
Lena

charlene aka scrappygma said...

Angie you are so talented ! I love them both and I think the red is the best however ! Congrats on your GDT postion I am sure you will do great and you will find yourself on a DT very shortly !
Hugs

Kerry said...

Angie, what beautiful cards! Very difficult to decide but I think I'd go with the red. It pops! Thank you for sharing and congrats on your guest dt. Kerry Peasland (the other Kerry)

Christine Riley said...

Oh my goodness, these are too sweet! I love the embossing behind Tilda. Great job!
Hugs, Christine :)

Lauren said...

So cute! I definitely think the red looks better.

Lauren

Related Posts with Thumbnails