LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cookies Anyone???

Happy Valentine's Weekend Everyone!  Oh, I sure hope you're all having a great Valentine's weekend!  Ours started last night with a great family dinner at an italian restaurant.  My sweet little boy gave me a gift card for my birthday to take me out to dinner.  We had a wonderful time.  Then, I got to spend the entire day today in my craft room.  I wanted to make a special card for my sweet hubby.  Tomorrow, we may be spending Valentine's Day at my brother's house for a birthday party.  I say 'may' because I've heard through the grapevine that it may happen, but nothing has been decided for certain.  I guess we'll just wait and see.

Anyway, I decided to combine the task of making my Sweetie a card with the Magnolia-licious Highlites challenge.  Diana Crick has challenged the DT to a Windshield Wiper Card with a Spring theme.  The challenge has been opened to all who would like to participate.  You have until February 28th at midnight EST.

I'm also entering this card into these challenges:

Just Magnolia - Love

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Love Is In the Air

Cute Card Thursday - In The Name Of Love!

Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - Colour Combo

Lili of the Valley - Valentines

Double Dutch - Valentines

The Pink Elephant - Mushy Gushy Valentine

Tilda with Cookies


I was so excited to make one of these cards because I had never made one before.  It was actually very easy to make and I think they look fantastic.  You can find a tutorial HERE by Diane Zechman if you'd like to make one too.  I searched for dp's with a flavor of love and the colors of spring.  I settled on the Sugar Rush collection by BasicGrey.  They have all the colors of a spring flower garden.  The cs is by Stampin' Up, per usual.  The adorable red gingham ribbon was purchased by-the-yard from the craft store.  I wish I could tell you more about because it is so unique and you'll probably want to get some.  Sorry : (  The pink pearl in the center is from K&Company.  The pink floss is by Bazzill and the heart token is from Blue Moon.  I used clear gems and colored them with Copic R39.  The adorable little yellow rose is new from Prima and I colored the tips of the petals with Copic R37.  The chipboard hearts are from Maya Road and I covered them with Stickles.  The backgrounds for Tilda and the red heart were cut with Nestabilities.  The furry green fibers on the edge of the card are from BasicGrey.  Finally, for a little sparkle, I added Stickles around Tilda's background, to the cookies, Tilda's bow, shoes and wings.  I think that's it.  I hope I didn't forget anything : )



Here you can see the Copic markers used to color Tilda.  I darkened the shadowed areas with the Walnut Stain Distress Ink from Ranger.  I also used the Walnut Stain to age the edges of the dp's all around the card.

That's all I have for now.  I'll see you back later this week.  Try to find some time to color.  It's good for the soul.

Ciao for now,

Angie

28 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Angie, you rock, girl!! This is such a fabby card for you hubby! I love the colors, and Tilda is colored to perfection! Such a pretty pink dress. I love the very glittery heart on your 'wiper'. Awesome job...and belated happy birthday! :-)
Hugs,
Barb

Suzanne J Dean said...

This is beautiful Angie and so sweet! That ribbon is awesome as are the pop up embellies! Fabulous job and thanks for joining in on the challenge with us!

hugz,
Suzanne

Nancy said...

Angie, this card is exquisite. I love the papers you used and everything works together so beautifully! Thank you for sharing.

Nancy said...

that is just soo beautiful Angie. I really love the whole card..

Hugs
Nancy T.

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous card Angie. Love the color choice and your image is absolutely darling. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Kristy Young said...

OMG this is soo gorgeous, your copic colouring is sooo amazing!
Kristy x

Margreet said...

Stunning card with a fab coloured Tilda! Thanks for joining Sweet Stampin!
xxx Margreet

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Angie! I love that ribbon and the pop up is awesome! Tilda is so pretty! Thanks for joining us in the challenge! hugs!

Liza said...

A gorgeous card Angie, great image and colouring. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

cabio's craft corner said...

wow Angie, it's beautiful. Love the colors and all the pretty embellies :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Terry said...

Hiya Angie. wohooooo what a wonderfull card you made hun just delicious. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stamping Hugs Terry

Christine said...

Wow, what a fabulous card. I love your coloring technique and I am definitely going to check out the tutorial on how to make this style of card. Beautiful work! Have a great day!
xoxo, Christine

Tracey said...

This is incredible Angie! What an awesome card!!

Nancy said...

Oh Angie this card is awesome! What is not to love it is beautiful! Your coloring is fabulous and I love the ribbon!
Love Love Love your card!
Hugs,
Nancy

Carrie said...

absoultley amazing card!!

Love the papers and the image

Thanks for showing it off over at sweet stampin xx

Regina said...

Angie!!!!!!!! It´s so cute!!! You really did an awesome job!!!
as always!!!:)))
Hugs
Regina

CelticWoman said...

that is the cutest card, love your colors. Sandi

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

What an amazing card!! I love the fun fold and Miss Tilda is adorable!! Fabulous job!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TPE this week!!
Sheri-TPE DT

Patti.Jo said...

Adorable card Angie! You've colored Tilda beautifully! Terrific work!

Peggie said...

What a sweet card. Love that gingham ribbon. Love the reds and yellows.

Christine Riley said...

Wow, how sweet is this! :) Love the sweet colors and design.
Hugs, Christine

Faye said...

What an adorable card! I am very jealous! Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin. x

Candy said...

Hi Angie,
Your card is wonderful. Your colouring is perfect and love everything about this one :o)
Hugs, Candy

Queen La Rubba ~ Rachael Doxsee said...

Simply GORGEOUS! I am just lov'n this card! So bright and beautiful! Colour challenge accomplished! Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Sweet Stampin" Challenge!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

CraftyC said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge
Clairexx

Patricia Garcia said...

Hello Angie, wow love your card it's beautiful! Love theh color combo!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Annie said...

beautiful card and a great fold, tilda is looking adorable, fabulous colouring! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

Sheila said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the papers and colours.
Thanks for joining us on JM this week.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails