LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, January 10, 2010

What a Sweetheart!

Good Evening To All!!!  It took longer than expected to get to this point today.  I had been planning to take down the Christmas decorations and that's exactly what I did.  Why is it always sooooo much more fun putting up the decorations???  Oh well, my job is done and now it's up to my hubby to put the bins away and take down the trees (we have artificial ones since I'm allergic to everything outdoors).  I cannot complain that he hasn't begun to do his part because he has spent most of the day in my craft room doing photography...for this blog!  He keeps telling me that my photos aren't focussed properly and so he bought me a new macro lens, professional light kit and a tri-pod.  What an expensive hobby this has turned out to be!  Anyway, now the camera needs to be set manually and I have absolutely no idea how to do it.  So, he's doing it for me!  What a supportive hubby!!!  No trades everyone...I'm going to keep him.  So, are you wondering still why it took so long to get to this point???  I made a major mistake while coloring Tilda and thought for sure that I would have to start over again.  Let me explain...

I took a giant leap today and decided to make a card design that I could enter into a couple of challenges.  I love both Magnolia's and Whiff of Joy - Elizabeth Belle stamps, so I chose their challenges of course.  The Just Magnolia Challenge requires that you incorporate paper pleating into your card design.  The Whiff of Joy Challenge requires that you use the colors red and aqua.  So, I came up with my design and began coloring, and blending, and coloring, and blending, and coloring, and blending...anyone who has colored an image with reds knows what I mean.  It is one of the most difficult colors to blend and fade properly.  So, as I'm working away, and almost done with all of the red.....BAM!...my hands bumped together and the Copic R37 goes flying out of my hand and tumbles across my Tilda image leaving a very dark red mark in the middle of what is now going to be very dark brown hair!  I freaked out and froze!  After a few choice words very quietly to myself, since I am the only one to blame here, I calmly picked up my colorless blender, said a quick prayer, and managed to fade out the bulk of the red...enough at least so that I could salvage my work and color Tilda's hair brown.  Sooooo, that 5 minutes seemed like 5 hours and I think I aged 5 years! 

After all that, I have the version done for the Just Magnolia Challenge.  I hope you enjoy her!

_____________________

Sweetheart Tilda


Aside from the little 'tumbling copic' glitch that I had, I thoroughly enjoyed making this card.  My favorite part was making the paper pleating because I had never done it before.  I love learning new things and I think these challenges can be a great way to do that.  The DP's are by BoBunny and Jenni Bowlin and the cs is Stampin' Up.  The ribbon was purchased by-the-yard from the craft store.  The flowers are simply tiny roses from the craft store layered onto BoBunny petals.  I love the oyster baubles!  I think they add a little something shiny.  The circle backdrop was cut using Nestabilities.  I can no longer live without them.


In this photo, you can see the beautiful texture of the pleated paper.  You can also see that I raised Tilda up with some Pop Dots so that she appears to be sitting on the pleated paper.





Here you can see the Copic markers that I used to color Tilda.  I hope you all have a great time with your coloring and card making.  I'll see you back here soon...hopefully with the version of this card for the Whiff of Joy Challenge.  I'm expecting the stamps to arrive any day now.  Cross your fingers that they arrive in enough time for me to enter the challenge!

Ciao!



35 comments:

Nancy said...

Absolutely fabulous! Every element is wonderful and they all work so well. This is brilliant! Thank you for sharing.

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Angie! I think we've ALL experienced something similar to your Copic tumble. Mine has been with my Memento ink pad flying across the front of my completely finished card. My blender pen wouldn't help with that one. LOL! You did a beautiful job on her and love the pleating! Thanks for sharing! hugs!

Kerry D-C said...

sooooo CUTE! Great card with this little sweetheart! ;)

Roz said...

She is beautiful, and I think you cleaned up your OOPS quite nicely! Most of us have had those moments in our craft rooms, too.

Lisa Jane said...

What beautiful colours , i love your card
Lisa;)

Susan said...

Beautiful work...love the pleats and lace...coloring is beautiful!

Angelwood said...

Angie, your card is beautiful. Lovely layout and colors. Tilda is so sweet sitting there. Really lovely! hugs, Angela

Nancy said...

ADORABLE!! What a cute card your coloring is fabulous! Nice save with the blender pen! Love the pleating and Tilda is so cute sitting on top of the pleats.
Hugs,
Nancy

Deb said...

BEAUTIFUL card! Now I have to get busy and try the paper pleating!!!!!

LINDA said...

Such a beatiful card,i love the paper pleating
something that i am going to have to learn.Your colors are great.No one would ever know that you had a problem.
Linda W.

CelticWoman said...

awwww sweet sweet Tilda, great coloring. Sandi

Tracey said...

Gorgeous! Love the paper pleating!

Barb Hardeman said...

What a gorgeous card! Just gorgeous! Your coloring is wonderful and your blending is super. I love the red and soft teal together. You did a smashing job on the paper pleating as well. Wow, just awesome work...hugs...Barb

LindaC said...

Very pretty....can't see your 'oops'! LindaC

Peggie said...

No one would ever know there was a problem. The colors are great and so is the coloring.

Suzanne J Dean said...

She's adorable--I love the colors and paper pleating! Wonderful job!
I spent all day taking down my 10 Xmas trees--I'm beat, lol!

hugz,
Suzanne

Only by His Grace said...

Lovely card Angie. super photography.
Love your colouring.
Hugs marion

Blankiefinder said...

She is adorable, it turned out so well! All that hard work fixing was worth it.

Candy said...

Angie,
The photography is amazing!! Lucky you to have a husband who knows about such things and does it for you as well!
Your card is an absolute delight! I love it. I just LOVE it. It is bright and hopeful and well.... just perfect. Your colouring is awesome I would never know you had an accident. Your ribbon, baubbles and flowers are just right.
Hugs, Candy

Gayle said...

It's adorable. You can't see the oops at all. I like the little pearls -- so girlie.

Nancy said...

awww...she is just to cute. I really love the colors and your paper pleating. Such a wonderful card all around!

Monique said...

your card is beautifull. Love your colouring.

Hugs Monique

siameseplease said...

My jealousy knows no bounds. I could not get my paper to pleat nearly as well as you did. Your card is gorgeous. Love how you colored the image! - Gina L

Pam S. said...

Super cute Tilda - love her in red! The pattern papers and pleating you used are perfect for her!
Pam Going Postal

Eulanda said...

Great job on the pleating!! I love the color combo and your coloring is fabulous too!

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful card and love the coloring and layout you did on Tilda. Awesome card to share. Thanks!
Hugs,
Cabio

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

This is just beautiful angie! I love it!!

Cissy said...

Gorgeous.......as usual Angie!!!!

Cissy +

Norma said...

Angie, your card is gorgeous. And yes, red is a hard colour for me too, but you've done a beautiful job with it. I can't tell where you had that streak of red in the hair, so you did a terrific in fading it away with your blender pen. The paper pleats look fabulous.

Hugs.
Norma

debby4000 said...

Fabulous sweet card, love the cute Tilda.
luv
Debby

Mina said...

stunning card Angie...beautiful colours and great paper pleating...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card Angie! Love all the pretty red details and the pleating. Thanks so much for joining us at JM this week! :)

Dawny P said...

Ohh wow, this is beautiful and what fabulous paper pleating chick. And I love that image and the colours you used as well. Wonderful work :)

Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Dawny xxx

Christine Riley said...

What a beautiful card! Love the layout and paper choices and your coloring is just perfect!
Hugs, Christine

glowinshadow23 said...

The pleating you did is really cool!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails