LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Summertime Blues...

Hello Again Everyone!  Last night we had a fantastic dinner at my friend Cissy's house. Her husband is a professional chef and the meal was awesome. Just like they are. They are wonderful people and good friends. Thank you so much Cissy and Ted!

Today I spent the morning working and then took a break and played in my craft room. My new stamps arrived yesterday afternoon and I couldn't wait to work with them. As I mentioned in my last post, I designed a card to enter into two challenges. This is the second version of that card although I didn't get my card done in time for the challenge since it ended today.  No biggy!  I chose to work with Sitting Summer Willow because I'm sooooo looking forward to summer!  I hope you enjoy it.

One more thing before we move on, Victoria Case Stamps has announced a big release on January 15th of the "Aurora Collection" exclusive stamps for SCACD (which will be available HERE).  Check it out!

_____________________

Sitting Summer Willow



Here she is! She looks beautiful in her red, aqua and white dress. Honestly, I was a little reluctant to do a card for this challenge because I wasn't certain that I liked red and aqua together. Well, I have definitely come around. I love them together! The DP's are by BoBunny and Jenni Bowlin and the cs is Stampin' Up. The ribbon was purchased by-the-yard from the craft store. The flowers are simply tiny roses from the craft store layered onto BoBunny petals. I love the oyster baubles! I think they add a little something shiny. The circle backdrop was cut using Nestabilities.



In this photo, you can see the beautiful texture of the pleated paper. You can also see that I raised Willow up with some Pop Dots so that she appears to be sitting on the pleated paper.




Here you can see the Copic markers that I used to color Willow.

Well everyone...enjoy your day and try to find time to color.

Ciao!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails