LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Friday, January 22, 2010

Resting Willow...

Thank Goodness It's Friday!  Hello everyone!!!  Good morning!!!  I'm in a great mood today.  I'm spending the better part of the day in my craft room with my friend Gayle.  I had some orders to process, got that done, and now I'm free as a bird until I have to leave to pick up my son and his buddy from school.  I've been working on a card for a guest designer challenge that I've decided to enter.  I'm nervous about it since I've never been a guest designer before and don't really know what it entails.  But, I'm also excited about the possibility of doing it.  There are a lot of entries so my chances are slim.  Wish me luck!

The details...Katharina Frei of Stamping with a Whiff of Joy is holding a Guest Designer Call.  To enter, you have to submit a card using at least one Whiff of Joy stamp and this sketch:




I also entered Willow into the these challenges:
 Creative Card Crew Challenge 43 - Punch It
ABC Challenge - Masked

Here's my card...

Freezing Willow on a Tree Stump


I just love this stamp of Freezing Willow.  You can get her HERE at Whiff of Joy.  I thought she would look so adorable leaning on the Whiff of Joy Tree Stump that you can get HERE.  The dp's are by Reminisce and the cs is by Stampin' Up.  The clear snowflake in the corner is from Little Yellow Bicycle.  I stamped the sentiment from Kelly Panacci onto the clear snowflake and stickled it to make it pop.  The snowflakes falling around Willow also got some stickles, as did the cuffs and tassle on her boots.  The silver snowflakes and ribbon are from TPC Studio.  And finally, the gorgeous punched snowflakes were done with my new Martha Stewart Punch Around The Page.


Here you can see a side view showing the dimension.  I placed Willow and her background on foam dimensionals to create more texture and interest.




Here you can see the Copics used to color the images.

Well that's it everyone!  Have a great day and weekend.  Cross your fingers for me and wish me luck!!!

Ciao for now,

Angie

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow! Your card is gorgeous - your colouring is superb. I love the colours you have used, and all your snowflakes. Your layout is fab!
Good luck with your DT entry.
Love, Andrea xx

Sarah said...

Oh what a beautiful card. Love it.

Katharina Frei said...

Love your card!!! It gives a great snowy feeling :)
Thanks for taking part in the GD Call!
Katharina

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a great work.Beautiful!!!
Thanks for joining in the SimonSaysChallenge this week.

Domi

{Jane} said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Samantha said...

Beautiful card I love the colours and the punching around one edge and corner! Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this time Samantha :0)

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

This is very beautiful, thank you for joining us on abc this week x

Related Posts with Thumbnails