LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, January 24, 2010

Puppy Love...

Hope you're havin' a great weekend!  Unfortunately, ours wasn't that great.  My son started with a fever on Friday and all of our plans changed accordingly.  We were supposed to have dinner with some good friends on Saturday night but had to cancel.  It seems that whenever we're supposed to go to their house, someone ends up sick.  How is it that 'Murphy's Law' goes again?  Whatever can go wrong...will go wrong?  I think that's it.  Well, it applies here.

So, I joined my first Mingle with the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group - LOVE THIS GROUP!  We were to send a card with a Maggie on it to the next person on the list - Judy Eastwood was to receive a card from me.  I really wanted to make it something special and cheerful.  Not knowing Judy personally, I looked through my Maggie's and thought...who doesn't love puppies???  So here it is.  Judy received the card last week so it's safe to post now for ya'll to see.

Tilda and her Puppy



I love puppies and I love this stamp of Tilda with Puppy.  If you love her too, you can get her at Magnolia-licious (it's only the best place to shop for your Maggies).  Tilda is sitting on a Whiff of Joy Tree Stump that you can purchase HERE.  I think the puppy looks like a Golden Retriever pup so that's how I colored her.  The dp's are from BoBunny and the cs is Stampin' Up.  I used my Nestabilities to cut and emboss the background of the image.  The flower is by Daisy Doodles and I added a button from my button box to the center for a little extra color and texture.  It's difficult to see in the photo, but I added Bazzill clear gems here and there and colored them with my Copics Y08 and R23.  Little tip - you don't have to spend money on all different colored gems.  You can purchase clear gems and custom color them with your Copics to coordinate with any cards color scheme.  I added some zig-zag stitching around the largest dp for even more texture.  The ribbon is by-the-yard from the craft store.  Lastly, I stickled the flower and border for a little something extra shiny.




Here you can see the Copics used to color the image.

I hope you had a terrific weekend.  If you're at CHA, have an awesome time.  I wish I were there too.  Maybe next year : )

Ciao for now,

Angie

20 comments:

Stephanie said...

Adorable Angie, I love the pink overalls -- so darn cute!!
Hugs,
Stephanie

Nancy said...

awww...look at this card..it's just darling and so darn cute.

Only by His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
your card is top class. I think with the white background it has made Tilda really stand out. your colour choice is wonderful. I love the tree stump and how you have coloured the grass.
Hugs Marion

Crazystamper said...

Stunning....I just love it! Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Lora Sinkler-Lake

Patti.Jo said...

Soooo cute!!! Beautiful coloring! Lucky Judy! Fantastic card Angie!

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, what a fabby card! Your Mingle partner is going to love, love, love this precious Tilda with a puppy. What a wonderful job you did!

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Angie!! Love that stump that Tilda is sitting on and your papers and coloring are gorgeous! hugs!

Regina said...

Very... very cute Angie!!! Love it!!!
My daughter would love this image!!!
Hugs
Regina

Jean said...

Oh my Angie, another winner... I am beginning to believe if we just put some Copics in your hand you will come up with something that will be unique... Lucky Judy for this outstanding card... has all the techniques that make a card so perfect...

Hugs, Jean

Tracey said...

A beautiful card!! I love it!

Gayle said...

Angie, it's beautiful.
Hugs!! :)

Angelwood said...

Hi Angie! You've done such a lovely job on this card. Love the pink and brown colors you've chosen to color this image - not to mention she's beautifully colored as well. Love the added stiching around the card too. Great job! hugs, Angela W.

Nancy said...

Hi Angie,
Another awesome card you have created! I love it! This Tilda is adorable and you have colored her beautifully!
Hugs,
Nancy

Deb said...

She's adorable! She's so sweet sitting there, and the pinks are such a great color for her! Beautiful job!

Jenn K said...

What a sweet card!! Such beautiful coloring too!

Candy said...

Hi Angie,
What a lovely bright and cheery card! Love the way you coloured Tilda's shirt and overalls.
Hugs, Candy

Cissy said...

Fabulous! Beautiful colors & coloring!

Cissy

cabio's craft corner said...

Lovely card and love the rich colors you used on her. Cute!
Hugs,
Cabio

Patricia Garcia said...

Hello Angie your card is adorable, I love this Tilda with her puppy!! Beautiful coloring too!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Christine Riley said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the colors you chose and the papers are just lovely. Great coloring too!
Hugs, Christine :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails