LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, January 30, 2010

In The Navy...

Howdy Everyone!  Weather update...it's still freezing cold in Michigan!!!  Brrrrrrrrrr!!!  I'm not a winter person.  Never have been.  I like it hot and dry along side a swimming pool.  Why do I still live in Michigan?  If I could get my parents to move, we would be gone in a heartbeat.  At least we have the swimming pool.  Right now, I look out at it every day and I imagine it's summer time and we're having a pool party!  Then I remember that it's only January and we have a long, long way to go.

So...my cousin's son apparently had enough of the cold weather too and decided to join the Navy.  He left just before Christmas for basic training and I'm told he's doing really well.  He's a great kid and the whole family is very proud of him.  I wanted to send a little something special to him and we're not supposed to send cookies or anything of the kind, so I decided to make him a card.  It's a very simple card.  My goal was to create something patriotic, boyish and a little playful.  You will not see anything blingy about this card.  I tried to keep it really simple, nothing busy about it.  Here it is...

Edwin the Sailor

When I saw this image of Edwin as a Sailor, I knew that I needed to get it.  If you like it too, you can get it at Magnolia-licious.  They have the largest selection of Magnolia's and the best prices in town.  The dp's are from Creative Imaginations and the cs is Stampin' Up.  The really cool medallion is from Pioneer.  I added just a little diamond Stickles to the stars so they would shine.  The image was cut with Nestabilities and then shaded a bit with VersaColor in bisque.

Here you can see the Copics used to color Edwin.

I hope you all have a great weekend!  Try to find some time to color!  I'm going to get this card ready for the mail.

Ciao for now,

Angie

22 comments:

Monique said...

It's lovely !!!

Hugs Monique

hikers said...

Your cousin's son will love this card. You did a totally awesome job on it. I'm right there with you I do not like the cold of Winter. I do like the snow though. You have to if you live in the Midwest.
Myrna

Barb Hardeman said...

Angela, you did a fabulous job on this card. You've colored Edwin to perfection and the added elements of patriotism are stunning. Truly he will be proud....

CelticWoman said...

Angie, it is stunning and I am sure he will be touched. Hugs

Jean said...

Angie, I adore your little sailor, since my son is in the Navy in Afgan it would be such a perfect card for my grandson's.. love your layout for the Edwin and your coloring is so perfect... Love you card and it means so much to me... TFS
Hugs, Jean

Nancy said...

Angie this is a super card! Your coloring is fantastic! Love the design paper it is just perfect! He will be very proud of this card and of you as well for thinking of him! Thanks to him for serving our country!
Hugs,
Nancy

Crazystamper said...

Well this will brighten his day for sure....lovely card! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake (Canada)

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Angie!!! I love the paper and your Military emblem is gorgeous!!! Edwin is just too cute! Fabulous card!!! Try and stay warm!! :) Hugs!

Christine Riley said...

What a wonderful card, I know he'll love it!
Hugs, Christine

Regina said...

Angie!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!! The colors, the layout, each detail you did is fantastic!!!!
Thanks a lot for sharing.

Have a wonderful week end.
Love and hugs
Regina

Peggie said...

Great card. Guy cards are so hard but you hit the nail on the head with this one.

Only by His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
Edwin looks very smart in his uniform. super job on your layout.
Your cousin's son will love it and I'm sure it will be a keepsake.
Hugs Marion

akuperstein said...

Love this card!

LINDA said...

I love your card itis so very
cute
Linda W.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Love this! So cute & patriotic!

hugz,
Suzanne

Candy said...

Hi Angela,
Your card is amazing with the patriotic accesorries you have added to it. Edwin is a doll.
Your posts are always so short - I am sure we all would love more detailed information.....
Hugs, Candy

Lauren said...

Adorable! Edwin looks so patriotic!

Lauren

Julia said...

WOW, Everything about the card is absolutely perfect!! He will be very very happy to get it, and his mates will be very envious. I remember when my son was in Navy boot camp(San Diego)it was hard to send cards so they didn't get laughed or teased about. This is perfect won't be a problem there,& he will treasure it always, :).
Hugs,
Julia B.

Deb said...

It's wonderful! Your coloring is fantastic! You know, without the navy seal, it would make a great 4th of July card, too!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Oh wow! this is awesome! nice job!! TFS!

Cissy said...

Looks great!

Patti.Jo said...

Perfect design!!! Great coloring on Edwin too! Terrific card!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails