LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Friday, January 8, 2010

Ice Cream Anyone?

TGIF!!!  Happy Friday to ya'll!  I've decided that today is going to be a play day for me.  No work.  No cleaning.  No cooking.  In fact, my parents are coming over for dinner tonight and we're ordering in - ribs and chicken...YUM!.  I'm dedicating my entire day to cardmaking and perfecting my craft (like it'll ever actually be perfect!).  But, I'm 'type A' so I keep striving for it.  I'm hoping to be joined by my good friend Cissy - I asked her if she wanted to come over and color with me.  She has also recently discovered a love of Magnolia's, aka Maggie's as they are tenderly referred to in the Magnolia-licious community (I'm learning the lingo!).  Anyway, I'll be practicing with some of the new scrapping toys/tools that were left under the tree one chilly morning in December.  Hopefully I can figure them out and come up with something really cute to show you soon.  Well, my craft room awaits me so let us get on with the show!

_____________________

Tilda with Ice Cream



I had a little free time yesterday afternoon so I naturally decided to fill it by coloring in my craft room.  As a result, we have Tilda with Ice Cream from Magnolia-licious.  The dp's by GCD Studios really drove the design.  The cs is from Stampin' Up - my favorite.  I used my Nestibilities for Tilda's backdrop.  I just love the texture of the polka dots.  The gems in the corners started out clear and they didn't show up very well.  So, I colored them with my Copic R35 and they just seemed to pop right off the page!  It also gives a little more balance to the color scheme.  The flowered ribbon is just something that I purchased by the yard from a craft store.



I'm hoping that you can see from this photo that both Tilda and her backdrop were raised with Pop Dots.  I think it adds a really nice touch of dimension to the card.




Not so surprisingly, I colored the image with Copics.  For Tilda's shirt/socks I used C1, RV0000, RV21 and RV23.  Her shorts were colored with R0000, R35 and R37.  I added Crystal Lacquer to the ice cream cone to make it glisten like it was starting to soften or melt just a bit (BTW, I think it's raspberry flavored - YUM!).  I finished with some crystal Stickles on her hair bands and the hearts by the sentiment.  I don't know the company name of the sentiment because it's acrylic and I discarded the packaging.  Sorry : (

Well, that's all I have right now.  I'm off to my craft room FOR THE WHOLE DAY!!!  Whoo Hoo!!!


19 comments:

Christine Riley said...

What an adorable card! I love the glossy look tot eh ice creat. Fantastic coloring and I love your layout. The flower embellies are adorable.
Hugs, Christine :)

Sharon Caudle said...

oh how cute!! Love the red, black, and white, and Tilda is too adorable eating her ice cream. Great card! Have fun scrapping all day! I'm totally jealous as I'm stuck at work for the rest of the day. YUCK! :) hugs!

Heidi Walczak said...

Good job, I really like the extra dimension and embossing. The sentiment is cute too!

CelticWoman said...

I am sure there is no such thing as too many Tilda's, this one is just adorable. Enjoy your day. Hugs

Jean said...

Simply adorable and so cool, eating ice cream when our tempature is freezing outside, even in our deep south!! Love it... keep up the good job.. love every thing about this card.

Nancy said...

Sweet card i really like how you have colored Tilda she is just as cute as can be! Great job! Have fun coloring today wish I could do the same maybe tomorrow.
Hugs,
Nancy

Norma said...

Angie, what a precious card. wonderful colour scheme and this adorable Tilda is beautifully coloured. Love the layout. Terrific job on the card. Love it.

Hugs.
Norma

Desert Designs said...

Cute cute cute Angie!

Deb said...

AWWWWWW! She's adorable!

Stampin Mindy said...

Very adorable! I love that image and those flower borders are so cute. Great card!

Gayle said...

Angie, great card! She's almost so real that she could walk right off the paper.

LINDA said...

I love your card your Tilda is so very cute
Linda W.

Candy said...

Hi Angie,
Sweet as a button is your card. Love your colouring and your paper choices.
Hugs, Candy

Eulanda said...

Aww this is so cute!! I want ice cream now. Gotta go! LOL!

Brandi said...

Cute! Love the dimension! :)

Patricia Garcia said...

Oh what a sweet card, love the ice cream. Your colors are very nice too!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Patti.Jo said...

So adorable! Love your trim too! Great job on your card!

glowinshadow23 said...

She is indeed a little sweetie!!

Cherie said...

Hi Angie, I'm a newbie to your blog and I'm in awe of your card! Wow! What gorgeous coloring with copics! I just popped in from Jacquie's blog! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creativity with others!

p.s. I hail from Michigan too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails