LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

Off to a Great Start!

I spent the whole day in my craft room with Gayle and Cissy...they are not only my scrap buddies, but my good friends as well.  It always makes for a wonderful day.  We laughed, then laughed some more.  I already cannot wait til next time. 

My husband and son spent a father-son day together.  They went to the theatre to see Chipmunks 2 (word has it the Chipettes are in the movie).  My son thoroughly enjoyed the movie and cannot wait to see it again.

____________________

Blueberry Tilda



Here's Blueberry Tilda from Magnolia-licious.  I couldn't resist working with her today!  She's just too cute to pass up.  I know, I know...blueberries?  It's soooo cold here in Michigan that I'm already thinking forward to spring.  My color inspiration was the DCWV paper.  Aren't they beautiful?  I made the flower with my Stampin' Up punches and dropped a button and gem in the middle for a little something shiny.  I added some crystal Stickles for a little more bling.  It's difficult to see in this photo, but there are Stickles in the bow in Tilda's hair as well.  The buttons are from a mixed container that I keep lying around.




As always, I used Copics to color today.  If you haven't used them, I strongly encourage it.  They're amazing!  Tilda's hair and pants were colored with E25, E49, E53 and E59.  For her shoes and basket I used a different group of E25, E35 and E53.   Her shirt was colored with V0000, V01, V04 and V06.  For the apron I used G0000, G21, G24 and G85.  Finally, the blueberries were colored with B0000 and B26.  I don't know about you, but I couldn't get the same results without the Copic Sketch Pastels (0000's).  They're fantastic!

I'll see you back here soon.  I've already started my next project.  It's for the man in your life : )

28 comments:

Suzanne J Dean said...

You did a beautiful job on this card--she's colored perfectly and I love the layout & sparkles too! Yes, I'm wishing for spring too--it's wayyyy too cold here, lol!

hugz,
Suzanne

Brandi said...

She is gorgeous! Love your coloring - beautiful! :)

Pam S. said...

creating is all about enjoying yourself and I'd say you had a smile on your face while you were coloring her... totally charming card!
Pam Going Postal

Barb Hardeman said...

You just have had a blast with your friends and co-crafters...this card is just delightful. Your coloring is wonderful and the layout of your card is very pleasing. Super job...

Patricia Garcia said...

Super card, love the pretty colors! You have colored her so nicely!! Check my Blog candy out!

Hugs,
Patricia

Stampin Mindy said...

This card is beautiful. You have wonderful coloring!

Diana Crick said...

WOW, wonderful colouring. I love the layout and attention to detail. Beautiful card!!!

hugs, Diana

papersunshine said...

Beautiful card and you colored her so well! What a delightful card :)
hugs,
Lori

Blankiefinder said...

Your card is great, I love the colors you chose! Wonderful job!

Jean said...

Such an adorable card.. love the coloring and the cheerfulness of the card... great job!!

Patti.Jo said...

Great card, great coloring and colors! Very nice work!

Only by His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
What a super card you have made. I love the colours you have used and she is coloured in beautifully. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friends.
Hugs Marion

Cami said...

Very pretty card and lovely colors! Cami

RubyM:) said...

hey WELCOME! Your card is very pretty. The color combo is just genious. Your maggie is colored very nice as well.Ruby

LINDA said...

Hi,Love your card I have a thing about Tildas
I think they make the card.
Linda W.

Nancy said...

Hi Angie,
You have done a awesome job with your coloring! Your card is very pretty. Sounds like you had a fun day with your friends how fun! Look forward to seeing more Maggies cards.
Hugs,
Nancy

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous card, your coloring is perfect. Love those patterned papers too :)
Hugs, Christine

Norma said...

Angie, wonderful card. Lovely DP's and I like the colour scheme. Beautifully coloured. Adorable Tilda.

Hugs.
Norma

cabio's craft corner said...

Super sweet & precious looking Tilda. Lovely coloring and thanks for sharing this cute Tilda!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Robin said...

WOW!!!! Fantastic job with Bluebery Tilda.

Candy said...

Oh what a wonderful card!! Love the colours and your colouring is fantastic!!
Hugs, Candy

Deb said...

Adorable! Your coloring is awesome!

Kerry D-C said...

I LOVE to see springy looking cards in the winter...SO CHEERY!
You did a FABULOUS job coloring. This is beautiful card!

PBrown9624 said...

Wow. What a nice card. Your coloring is awesome!
Can't wait to see your next project!
Pam

Nancy said...

I love your card. I grew up on huckleberries which some say are wild blueberries (I don't think so), but when I saw this stamp, I knew I would have to order it soon. What a fabulous card! Coloring is perfect. I have not gotten into Copics yet but am sure I will eventually. This card gives hope that warmer weather is coming.

Eulanda said...

I just love this one and when I tried to order it, she was out. Boo hoo - that's ok tho. I don't give up that easy! Love the way you colored her and the whole card is so sweet!

Pam S. said...

so pretty! love your coloring and design!
Pam Going Postal

glowinshadow23 said...

Wow I have never seen that shade of blue. I LOVE it!! However did you find this? Your card is perfectly matched with all the other colors. Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails