LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First Snow...

Happy Hump Day Everyone!  It's Wednesday and we're half way through the week.  It's been a very busy week as my son has been on yet another break from school.  Monday was a holiday and then the teachers had two days of 'report writing'.  I'm not sure what that means but I'm certain they have a lot to do.  There are 15 kids in the classroom and 2 teachers.  It can't be easy to get things done when there are 15 gifted kids with you all day.  I have a tough enough time with only one!  It's difficult to get my work done with my son home so I've been doing only what absolutely needs doing and the rest has been piling up.  I should be extra busy tomorrow when he goes back to school.  Don't get me wrong, I love having him home.  It's just a bit of a juggling act when the business is really busy.  And this is a really busy time of year for the business.

I did manage to find some creative time here and there.  I received the winter kit and decided to make a card that is 'season appropriate'.  I hope you like it!

Tilda's First Snow


I just love this image of Waiting Tilda.  If you love her too, you can get her at Magnolia-licious.  Not only is she adorable, but she's very versatile.  She can be used for a Christmas or holiday card, or anything for Fall or Winter.  I decided to put her on a stone wall that you can also get from Magnolia-licious.  The dp's are from Basic Grey and the cs is from Stampin' Up.  I added snow with a Snow Marker and crystal Stickles on top to make it sparkle.  I also Stickled the falling snow.  The larger snowflake embellishments are from TPC Studio.





Here you can see the Copics used to color the images.

 I hope you all have a great day today.  Find some time to be creative.  It's good for the spirit : )

Ciao for now!


32 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Angie! I really do love this Tilda and your coloring is fabulous! She looks awesome sitting on the stone wall. Love the BG papers too! Great card! hugs!

hikers said...

She is so cute I love this image. You did a great job on your card. Myrna

siameseplease said...

Wow, your coloring is superb! I love the snow on this card. - Gina L

Monique said...

Your card is beautifull Angie !

Hugs Monique

CelticWoman said...

you have adapted to the copics marvelously. This is beautiful. Sandi

Nancy said...

Angie your card is awesome! Your coloring of Tilda is fantastic. I love this Tilda also. Great job with the wall and the snow your card is awesome!
Hugs,
Nancy

Christine Riley said...

What a beautiful card! Love your coloring and those little drops of "snow" are just perfect. Love it!
Hugs, Christine :)

Patricia Garcia said...

Awesome card Angie, love the scene you created, cute snowflakes too!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Julie said...

Great card. I love all the details, like the snow on the ground, and snowflakes falling. Very cute!

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautiful card, Angie! The secene you created with the dp and your stone wall is just awesome! Oh, my, your coloring is fantabulous! Love how you did the snow on the wall the the flakes coming down...super job...

Diana Crick said...

Hi Angie,
Your card is stunning, brilliant colouring.. I would like to give you the "Award of Excellence" and post your card on the Magnolia-licious store blog. Would this be possible...ladydian@shaw.ca

Cissy said...

Great job Angie. I love the colors!

Cissy

Only by His Grace said...

Hi Angie,
Love, love your card. The colours you have used for Tilda look terrific. I love what you did with the wall and how you coloured it. I have just received this wall from Diana at Magnolia-licious stamps so it was nice to see it coloured.
Hugs Marion

Jean said...

Simply gorgeous card Angie... love your coloring and love Tilda on the wall... Beautiful. layout.

Peggie said...

Great card and great coloring. The wall with the snow is wonderful.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Wintry sweet she is--love the scene, snow accents & pretty coloring!

hugz,
Suzanne

Deb said...

She's just beautifuly! Your coloring is excellent! LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

Susan said...

Love your Tilda...beautiful coloring and love her on the stone gate/fence!

Jodie from Oz said...

Angie, love this sweet Tilda, she looks wonderful sitting on the wall. The dp's are beautiuful and your colouring is wonderful.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

charlene aka scrappygma said...

YOur card is awesome ! I love how you have added the snow to the wall and made her a holiday gal ! Your coloring is awesome great job
Hugs

Shelley said...

I have just purchased this Tilda, so you have give me some great inspiration. Fab card and fab colouring. hugs Shelley

glowinshadow23 said...

Oh I love this! Great coloring. Tilda sitting on the stone wall is such a great idea.

Angelwood said...

Congratulations on getting the Award of Excellence. So well deserved. Your card is just lovely and coloring is wonderful also! Beautiful beautiful job! hugs, Angela

Stephanie said...

Awesome, your coloring is beautiful!
Hugs,
Stephanie

Donna McDonald said...

Beautiful card. I tried to leave comment last night, but "blondie" here could not get her password right....sheeez....I lose my glasses, can't remember my password. What's a girl to do? At any rate, great job and I love your blog.
Love & hugs and Peace and grace,
Donna

Candy said...

Sorry to be late Angie!
I can see why Diana chose your card. Your colouring couldn't be any better and you have created a wonderful scene. Every detail is excellent. Congratulations once again :o)
Hugs, Candy

Ila said...

Totally Gorgeous!!..your coloring and details are Beautiful!!..Hugs, Ila

Cariena said...

Hello Angie! Your card deserves the award!! really stunning!

Regina said...

Hi Angie!
You deserve the "Award of Excellence" !!! Your card is amazing!!!! The coloring is brilliant!!! Congratulations!!!
Have a wonderful week end!!
Hugs
Regina

Patti.Jo said...

Awesome card and congratulations!!!
Beautifully colored! Love the stone wall! Well done!

Lauren said...

Gorgeous card! You deserve the award! Great job!

Lauren

Handmade by Vivi said...

Oh stunning card!!
congratulations on the award!
it is well deserved!!
xxx
Vivi

Related Posts with Thumbnails