LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cherish

Hi Ya'll!  Weather check...Michigan is still freezing cold!  However, the wind has died down so it's a little more bearable.  If you live in an icy cold state like I do, then I highly recommend investing in a parka by North Face.  I'm not paid for this advertisement, but here goes...they are extremely lightweight and will protect you from even the coldest of days!  I wear mine everywhere!!!  Anyway, after a busy morning of getting my son off to school and catching up on some accounting, of which I am not a fan, I finally made my way to my craft room and didn't emerge until I had created something that truly made me happy.  That being said...I hope you will enjoy it too : )

_______________________

Cherish



Now, I realize that Christmas is over and this Magnolia-licious image of Tilda is titled Christmas Morning.  But, to me she looks like a little girl from the 1800's.  With her old fashioned nightgown and candle, she looks like she woke up in the middle of the night on Little House on the Prairie (did I just date myself?).  She's just precious and I had to create something with her.




I stumbled upon this gorgeous paper by TPC Studio the other day and it was my inspiration for the card.  I've waited 3 days to have the time to work with it.  I think it was worth the wait : )  The cs is Stampin' Up, which happens to be my favorite cs because it's really thick, the color is uniform throughout, and you can get stamp pads to match every color of paper.  The double bow was made with my Bow Easy and you can get one HERE at SCACD.  I inked the petal tips of the rose from Prima Marketing, Inc. and added diamond Stickles all over the place.  Gotta have a little somethin' shiny!  The stamped flourishes and 'cherish' sentiment are also by Stampin' Up.



I colored Tilda with Copics.  Her nightgown was done with BG0000, BG72 and BG75.  The circles and ovals were cut with Nestabilities - love em', love em', love em'!!!

I hope you have a great day.

Ciao for now!

24 comments:

Heidi Walczak said...

Very pretty, the colors and the coloring are great. I like the bit of shimmer and sparkle too.

Nancy said...

Love Love Love your card!!! This is one of my many favorite Tilda's and you have colored her perfectly! Love all the details awesome card!
Hugs,
Nancy

Stephanie said...

She is gorgeous Angie! You are right, she can be used for more than Christmas!!
Hugs,
Stephanie

Barb Hardeman said...

I used to sit with my daughter (who is now 37) and watch Little House everyday after school. It was her one hour of permitted TV watching! That said, your card is absolutely wonderful. Those dp's are magnificent and well worth the wait. You've colored Tilda so beautifully and the touch of bling is perfect...hugs...Barb

Christine Riley said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! I love your coloring and paper choices!
Hugs, Christine :)

LindaC said...

This is beautiful! LindaC

Only by His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
Your card is extra super. I love this Tilda and you have made her look so special. I love how you have coloured her head band and also love how you have put the little stones on the swirls. the paper is gorgeous.
Hugs marion

Suzanne J Dean said...

This is beautiful--I adore this image & you've used my favorite color combo (my craft room are these colors, hee hee)!! Gorgeous job!

hugz,
Suzanne

Angelwood said...

Hi Angie! This card is beautiful. Wonderful coloring and your papers are gorgeous! Hugs, Angela

Nancy said...

I really like this card. The colors are gorgeous, and if she reminds us of Little House, there is nothing wrong with that at all. Beautiful.

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous! I love the color combo and those papers are delicious! Great card! hugs!

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful and gorgeous card Angie. So glad that you joined the Magnolia group so we get know to come and visit your blog :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Candy said...

Hi Angie,
Beautiful card! I think we can use our Tilda's for what ever occasion we choose :o)
Love your paper and your colouring is wonderful.
Hugs, Candy

LINDA said...

Hi Angie,Love your card,your dp's and colors
are great.
Linda W.

Blankiefinder said...

What a beautiful job you did! I love your colouring!

Patti.Jo said...

Fabulous card and Tilda is colored beautifully! Very nice work Angie!

angel4031 said...

WOW your card is STUNNING! xx

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

This is just beautiful angie! nice job!! I love the 2 different styles of DP you used as well. They really compliment each other. I see your new to Copics as well according to your profile. I am too. :) I love them! I'm just collecting a little at a time.

Eulanda said...

Your card is so beautiful and I don't think it matters what collection you got it from. I'd still use it. And if you dated yourself on the Little House on the Prairie comment, well I'll have to join you on that one then. LOL!! My after school tv show. hee hee

Ila said...

Absolutley Gorgeous!!..I love this Tilda and the Beautiful details you've added to your card!!...Hugs, Ila

Mom said...

Such a soft and sweet card,Angie. Thanks for sharing your many talents with us. Kay W

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Beautiful.............just beautiful!!!
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

KymKreates said...

I agree, There is nothing on her that says only Christmas!Beautiful!

glowinshadow23 said...

Wow Tilda is colored in so nicely! I love that shade of blue on her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails