LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year's Eve!

Time for a Party...

I can't believe the year has already passed.  It's been a busy one.  But here we are!  We're heading out this evening to ring in the new year with good friends.  If anyone actually reads this...I hope you have a safe and exciting evening and a wonderful New Year.

New Year's resolutions?  Hmmm.  I guess I have the usual...be a better person; spend more time with my family; exercise more; lose a few pounds...we'll see if I can keep on track this year : )

And now, here's a little dedication to Suzanne J. Dean of ScrapBitz.  When I discovered Copic's, I found that I had a lot to learn.  I searched YouTube and found Suzanne's tutorials and they were fantastic.  I learned so much in a short amount of time.  Her designs are beautiful and her technique is spot on.  Check out her blog if you haven't already. 

Cheers!

_____________________

Cookies Anyone?

I just love this image by Mo's Digial Pencil Shop.  I've been wanting to work with it for some time now but needed the right inspiration.  We had our first real snow fall here in Michigan and I started thinking about summer time, my little boy, and lemonade.  I pulled up this image and it instantly felt right.  So...here it is.  My interpretation of my little boy having a summer time snack.  I hope you like it.



Per usual, I colored the image with Copics.  For his hair I used Y23, E35 and YR23.  My son actually has light brown hair, but the sun lightens it a bit in the summer.  His beautiful sun kissed face was done with E00 and E02.  The shirt and frog were done with YG23, YG0000, E57 and E00.  The blue jean shorts and shoes are a combination of B97, B95 and B91.  The yummy cookie was done with E31 and E57.  For the dog and collar I used a series of cool greys ranging from C00 to C9.




I found this Creative Imaginations paper in a pile that I had all but forgotten about and the stripes were the inspiration for his clothing.  The cs and ribbon are by Stampin' Up.  I used crystal Stickles on the charm on the dog collar, because there must always be a little something shiny.  Finally, I added white highlights with my Galaxy Marker - perfect for those finishing touches.

Have a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Rach said...

such a sweet and endearing card. great colouring and i love the papers that you have used. hugs Rachxx

Dena E's Blog said...

Just was at Mo's digital pencil group(at SNR)and left you a note . Also thoght I'd pop on over to ypour blog, all of your creations are delightful!!!
Hugs Dena

Related Posts with Thumbnails